Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to replace/remove front quarter panel VE SV6

Hellforleather

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve s2 sv6
Why take the pics down?..... as the old saying goes, a pic is worth a thousand words

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Why take the pics down?..... as the old saying goes, a pic is worth a thousand words
They were probably hosted by Photobucket, and the OP probably didn't want to pay the extortionate fees.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
I wanted to do this, and was annoyed with the missing photos lol. Fortunately I have managed to fix up the images for everyone. Hope this helps. I do not have the images saved. So if they go again, we might lose them for good :p

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AlzVS97
I have replaced my front drivers quarter panel due to some inconsiderate prick doing a hit and run on it, so during the process of replacing it I took pictures to show how it is done.

To do this job the car must be jacked up on the side you will be working on, I strongly suggest using pin stands for your protection against falls and to also chock the back wheels.
For this job you will need a phillips head & flat head screw driver and a 10mm socket/ratchet with an extension bar (around 300mm) as all bolt heads are 10mm, and possibly a pair of pin nose pliers if the plugs are hard to get out.
Firstly undo the 2 screws connecting the splash guard and the bottom trim to the quarter panel
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Next you will need to undo/release the clips holding the bottom trim on, be gentle and don't twist or pull to hard or the plastic clips will snap from behind, wiggle and pry forward one section at a time gently, you'll only need 3-4 of them from the front loose as a little twisting/pulling is required to undo the bottom of the panel
image.jpg

image.jpg

Next undo the 2 bolts holding the bottom of the panel, in this pic you can see the plastic clip (which is broken off the plastic plug behind..try not to do what I did) which holds the bottom trim on
image.jpg

Next take all the plastic plugs out of the inside splash guard by removing the middle out of the plug 1st with a flat head screw driver, don't forget the 2 plugs under the car holding the splash guard on
image.jpg

image.jpg

Once the splash guard is out it will become clear what bolts and screws need to be removed, there are two visible bolts and one hidden bolt/screw at the front connected to the bumper
image.jpg

Pop the bonnet (if you haven't already) and undo the 2 bolts holding the top of the guard to the engine bay
image.jpg

Next open the car door and undo the screw followed by the bolt underneath
image.jpg

image.jpg

In this next image you will see that I have disconnected the indicator wire (which was done before completely removing the panel) also you will notice a bolt hole in the center next to the door, this bolt needs to be removed with an extension bar connected before the panel can be removed, to access this bolt you come from the wheel arch and take out the padding inside which has a little black foam block glued to it, just pull it out and you will see the bolt that needs to be taken out
image.jpg

Now be very careful getting the panel off as I scratched my door a little doing this, start taking it off from the front light and bumper then from the windscreen area and lift up, before taking it off completely detatch the indicator wire..now it should be removed.

Notes: When it comes to putting the new panel on you will need to loosen and tighten certain bolts to make sure the gaps between the door and the panel, and the bonnet and the panel are even also you need to transfer the indicator and the threaded sheet metal tags around the holes to the new panel.

Extra pics:

Damaged guard off
image.jpg

Indicator fitted to the new guard
image.jpg

Edit: Pictures added and resized

image.jpg

image.jpg

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Thanks @Xplaya

Need to do my front left fender too.

I'm buying it from Oz Car Parts too, they are $75 bucks now.

This will come in very handy.

Boomer1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Calais V Sportswagon
Hello everyone,
I have replaced my front drivers quarter panel due to some inconsiderate prick doing a hit and run on it, so during the process of replacing it I took pictures to show how it is done.

To do this job the car must be jacked up on the side you will be working on, I strongly suggest using pin stands for your protection against falls and to also chock the back wheels.
For this job you will need a phillips head & flat head screw driver and a 10mm socket/ratchet with an extension bar (around 300mm) as all bolt heads are 10mm, and possibly a pair of pin nose pliers if the plugs are hard to get out.
Firstly undo the 2 screws connecting the splash guard and the bottom trim to the quarter panel
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Next you will need to undo/release the clips holding the bottom trim on, be gentle and don't twist or pull to hard or the plastic clips will snap from behind, wiggle and pry forward one section at a time gently, you'll only need 3-4 of them from the front loose as a little twisting/pulling is required to undo the bottom of the panel
image.jpg

image.jpg

Next undo the 2 bolts holding the bottom of the panel, in this pic you can see the plastic clip (which is broken off the plastic plug behind..try not to do what I did) which holds the bottom trim on
image.jpg

Next take all the plastic plugs out of the inside splash guard by removing the middle out of the plug 1st with a flat head screw driver, don't forget the 2 plugs under the car holding the splash guard on
image.jpg

image.jpg

Once the splash guard is out it will become clear what bolts and screws need to be removed, there are two visible bolts and one hidden bolt/screw at the front connected to the bumper
image.jpg

Pop the bonnet (if you haven't already) and undo the 2 bolts holding the top of the guard to the engine bay
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

In this next image you will see that I have disconnected the indicator wire (which was done before completely removing the panel) also you will notice a bolt hole in the center next to the door, this bolt needs to be removed with an extension bar connected before the panel can be removed, to access this bolt you come from the wheel arch and take out the padding inside which has a little black foam block glued to it, just pull it out and you will see the bolt that needs to be taken out
image.jpg

Now be very careful getting the panel off as I scratched my door a little doing this, start taking it off from the front light and bumper then from the windscreen area and lift up, before taking it off completely detatch the indicator wire..now it should be removed.

Notes: When it comes to putting the new panel on you will need to loosen and tighten certain bolts to make sure the gaps between the door and the panel, and the bonnet and the panel are even also you need to transfer the indicator and the threaded sheet metal tags around the holes to the new panel.

Extra pics:

Damaged guard off
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hope this helped.
Hey mate, I dont suppose there is any chance of you posting the pictures again. I have had the same thing happen to me and need to change the drivers side quarter panel.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Hey mate, I dont suppose there is any chance of you posting the pictures again. I have had the same thing happen to me and need to change the drivers side quarter panel.

Pics are in post #13.

psardi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore wagon
Hello everyone,

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Extra pics:

Damaged guard off
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hope this helped.
Hi @AlzVS97 great write up! I'm having trouble viewing the images, any way of sending them to me? I want to change my guard this weekend and the pics would be great as they would save me time and frustration. Cheers

VE_SS_007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Hi there, the original panel does not seem to be majorly damaged. Was that not easier to repair than replace entirely?

Also is there any noticeable difference between 3rd party to manufacturer panels?