Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to Replace VZ Calais Volume Controls

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I just got a replacement set from Holden Spare parts for the control buttons on my VZ Calais.
However, although they come as a left and right set together, I only need to change the right controls ie the volume buttons.

Can anybody assist me by providing detailed instructions on how I can replace them myself? I couldnt find anything about the VZs through search.

Thanks and apprecaite it!

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Appreciate it, saw that link but didnt open it cause I thought that was for purly the steering wheel. It looks like its more associated with removing the steering wheel. Doesnt really show how to remove the controls off the wheel and back. Or did I miss it?

Cheers!

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
.... I see the screws, but is there more to it in terms of connectivity?

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
lol thanks.
I think Im just gonna get an auto-electrician to do it. Im guessing they will ask for an hour, although it seems as though it would take 30mins lol

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
not even 30 mins, the hardest part is getting the air bag off, although getting the wiring out from between the spokes and rear cover can be difficult.

If he's reasonably priced I'd say go for it. Otherwise where abouts in NSW are you? I'm sure someone would do it for half the price - like a 6 pack of beer!

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
^ lol thx man Im at Manly, Sydney, NSW. Anybody who knows how to do it without giving a airbag fault and wants an easy $40 cash or so let me know... thatll buy you a few 6 packs lol

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Just disconnect the battery and let it sit for a few minutes before removing airbag and it wont throw codes.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
well the trick really is to make sure the key isnt in the ignition!

The SRS warning only gets thrown if the module gets power before the bag is connected, unless youve done something extremely wrong with it.

I always just unplug the battery for peace of mind that theres no power running to it at all and never had an issue. Ive replaced them twice in the Adventra, once in mums Equipe (on the weekend!) and twice in mine.

Kris, Im not out your way anytime soon otherwise I would have put my hand up :(