Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Reset VF Evoke ECU?

Gitto

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Holden Commodre VF Evoke
I bought an ex police VF Evoke and have had it for a while, the car can barley drive up a hill and the gears all all a bit weird. Got told that it is because when the police sell the vehicle they try to revert the ECU from a performance setting etc, but they usually F it up. So just wondering if anyone knows how to reset the ECU, or where to get it fixed in Wellington New Zealand? Its a 2014 Vf Evoke 180,000kms.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I bought an ex police VF Evoke and have had it for a while, the car can barley drive up a hill and the gears all all a bit weird. Got told that it is because when the police sell the vehicle they try to revert the ECU from a performance setting etc, but they usually F it up. So just wondering if anyone knows how to reset the ECU, or where to get it fixed in Wellington New Zealand? Its a 2014 Vf Evoke 180,000kms.

Thats sounds like bs story.
The ecu mapping is no different on police cars compared to non police cars when it comes to performance.

Any error codes ?

Could be gearbox issue

Gitto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thats sounds like bs story.
The ecu mapping is no different on police cars compared to non police cars when it comes to performance.

Any error codes ?

Could be gearbox issue

Only engine light I have had was MAF sensor replaced and not fixed. I believe it because say u drive up a really steep hill in the automatic mode it can't do it, it will just misfire and wont drop a gear and go. The only way to get up the hill is to put it in the manual mode and manually drop a gear and run perfectly fine with more than enough power.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Probably best to get it checked out at the dealership if you don't know anyone who have the expertise and equipment . It will probably be a sensor?

Gitto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Probably best to get it checked out at the dealership if you don't know anyone who have the expertise and equipment . It will probably be a sensor?
Yeah Ill do some calls to some of the dealers and service places. Its been in a few times for test drive and noone knows the problem which sucks.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Yeah Ill do some calls to some of the dealers and service places. Its been in a few times for test drive and noone knows the problem which sucks.
Did they plug it in and do diagnostic checking for fault codes

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u might have to see a tuner that will have a better scanner and know how the engine should run and look in the data and get them to see the issue and if the right pids are logged u should be able to see whats going on

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
when the police sell the vehicle they try to revert the ECU from a performance setting etc,

they would not remap a evoke ecu for performance, if an evoke was used by the police it would have been for the office girl etc.

considering you can change it to manual mode and it will work fine i would also agree with ron, gearbox issue.