Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to start vr commodore without remote

cruzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr Commodore
Hi a mate of mine has a vr commodore and whants to get rid of the remote and use a ordinary metal key like with a VN. The reason for this is because his central locking is stuffed anyway and his remote is becoming flat and doesn't whant to replace it with a new one. His Vr does not have the overide key but uses the timed override instead.
i know it can be done i just don't know how. any suggestions:dance: His BCM is 788 low.

Attachments

• bcm.jpg
    bcm.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 9,208

SWE11L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina/ KJ Verada/ 88 Trans Am
why doesnt your mate just scab some new central locking units from a wrecker? i cant imagine it'd cost much and they easy as to swap, he could buy a cheap new key from ebay......surely easier than messing around with bcm

cruzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr Commodore
why doesnt your mate just scab some new central locking units from a wrecker? i cant imagine it'd cost much and they easy as to swap, he could buy a cheap new key from ebay......surely easier than messing around with bcm

year your proberly right. But i told him i'll help him, see i thought his had the key override but it didn't. But anyway he couldn't be bothered fixxing the central locking $$$ and does not what to replace his key head $$$. I wouldn;t amagine it would be to difficult finding out where in the BCM the override wires are like in the first vr's. But this has some advantages as he could also make a kill switch arming and disarming the factory immobeliser with the security LED flashing, kinda like the Overide key in the first Vr's but with a switch.

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
To overide the immob, you need to leave the ignition in the on position, it can take anywhere from 40-60 mins to disarm.
need to do this everytime car is turned off.
Could be a bit annoying, doing this everytime

cruzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr Commodore
:thumbsup: i know about the timed overide but after how to overide the system permenately

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the only way to permanently disable it is to get the VATS routine deleted from the memcal, no amount of crossing wires will do it.

Rob

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
the only way to permanently disable it is to get the VATS routine deleted from the memcal, no amount of crossing wires will do it.

Rob

I agree with you totally Dr. Bob, but isnt it funny how the bad guys can get the car started in minutes. If I didnt know the theft statistics, I would say its impossible to steal a VR/VS.

cruzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr Commodore
i'm shore there a way around it without reprograming it. You see i have bought stolen recovered written off commodores in the past and in every case the BCM in vr/vs has bee cracked open or missing so there must be another way around it without reprograming it.:thumbsup:

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
all commos can be over writen without waiting 40-60 mins timed over ride
ya just need to know how

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
i'm shore there a way around it without reprograming it. You see i have bought stolen recovered written off commodores in the past and in every case the BCM in vr/vs has bee cracked open or missing so there must be another way around it without reprograming it.:thumbsup:

Im pretty sure if theres one person on this forum that would know- its doctor bob