Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOW TO Steering Controls VX/VY

Melfice01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 2000 S1
dont you need to buy the cat-08 and cat-09 for that to work? some old duck at a stereo shop told me to do that cause the swi-alp wouldnt work in my vy even though it did.

Didnt u read what he said above?

Found the instructions for the Cat-09, "By replacing the infer red led with a 3.5mm mono plug the steering wheel interface can plug directly into the following Alpine head units.

Instructions for the Cat-09.. which means you do need it :p

cougar1985

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 3.8
is the cat-08 only compatible with certain units, i thought that with IR, it would work with almost any IR unit?? can anyone please explain it to me. thanks

SIRSP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Calais
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum, I have just bought a VXII Calais and want to keep my steering wheel controls as well, I have a Kenwood DVD/Screen head unit, Are the CAT-08/09 compatible with this type of head unit as well.

Thanks heaps

mvg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S 3.8 Ute
Hi SIRSP,
If your head unit uses a RC410 or a RCDV100 remote (part numbers) the CAT-09 will work with the infra red LED, I don't think it can be hard wired with Kenwood head units.

ris00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 SS
http://pac-audio.com/products/productsCatagory.asp?mmSearch=Steering Wheel Interface
have a look there they make a hardwired unit for kenwood head decks. The only thing with these guys is that they are specify the america version of the commodores so find out what the equilvalent is over there for your model and do a search i did it for my series 2 VY ss and got a hardwired unit for my alpine head unit.
Once you work out which interface it is just order it through a stereo shop but dont listen to what they say i was told by countless stereo shops it wouldnt work but i can assure you it works perfectly. or order it from america like i did.
hope that helps.

CokeMachine

Reaction score
What about an eclipse HU? Im looking at the pac-audio website. Ive been loosly quoted 200 for the supply and install but I'd rather buy the unit myself and attempt an install... But I want an eclipse HU.. anyone know if it might work?

mvg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S 3.8 Ute
CAT-09 will work with Eclipse H/U's if it uses remotes RMC105 or 1802, Same as Kenwood you will have to use the the infra-red LED

Tenuki

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina Wagon
Contact Details for Stinger Australia

Hi Guys,

This information is all very useful. I'm keen to get an MP3 player in my VXII Berlina, but I'm so used to the steering wheel controls.

I'm keen to get a CAT-08/09. I'll pop into JB Hifi next week, but in the mean time, can anyone post the contact details of Stinger Australia?

Google only returns a link to this forum. :bang:

Cheers,