Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOW TO Steering Controls VX/VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
davey g-force said:
Hey guys,
I dont mean to hijack this thread but for anyone who has a VY or VZ (maybe even VX) Phreddy has a neat way to connect amps etc to the factory head unit, therefore keeping the steering wheel controls and dashboard display etc. It also lets everything look nice and stock and sounds awsome!

See Phreddy's thread titled:

Blaupunkt low-level outputs? You betcha! :D

I had a look / listen and Im heaps impressed. Im gonna get him to fit one in my VY SS.

only one problem with that. the stock head unit doesnt play mp3's. scrolling song name, etc... :bang:

r0nniem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
holdensupporter2005 said:
Does anyone know wether the IR kit works with a JVC KD-LHX505 head unit (remote model RM - RK300) :confused:

Hi there,

The CAT currently emulates the JVC Remote model RM-RK50. I'll find out the RM-RK300 uses the same signals.

R0nnie

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
I just bought a PAC SWI-X Universal Steering Wheel Audio Interface device of ebay. cost me about 70 bucks AU delievered from the US. I need a PDF with wiring diagram for the steering wheel controls for a VX.

If anyone has a copy of one please email it to me

[email protected]

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
erm...actually it's pretty simple and if you had of read the FIRST post it was already listed.

Installation is simple for a VX. On the back of the factory HU plug there is a brown wire (in one of the corners of the plug). This brown wire is the signal wire from the steering controls. Connect it and the ACC and GND off the factory plug to the CAT-08. The little LED that emits the IR signal can be mounted in the interior light above the centre console.

Easy as 1,2 and 3!

r0nniem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
THE CAT is a different product (better cause it's Australian and no delay) to the PAC.

Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
r0nniem.....do you spam much?...if so. QUIT IT

boardyboy1979

Reaction score
12Voltking said:
r0nniem.....do you spam much?...if so. QUIT IT

Ronnie makes the CAT-08. He would be the BEST person to provide feedback on the compatibility of his product.

If that means he spams a little then I'll put up with it.

SORRY 12Voltking but sometimes you're brutal.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I won't put up with it. We have sponsorship packages which will get him his own little sub forum and a banner at the top for a very small sum that I'm only too happy to send him information about.

Spamming for your own pocket is not accepted. Spamming for someone elses popcket is not accepted either.

ronniem, are you interested in a becoming a sponsor and getting your own sub forum like FIT and the other sponsors?

boardyboy1979

Reaction score
12Voltking said:
I won't put up with it. We have sponsorship packages which will get him his own little sub forum and a banner at the top for a very small sum that I'm only too happy to send him information about.

Spamming for your own pocket is not accepted. Spamming for someone elses popcket is not accepted either.

ronniem, are you interested in a becoming a sponsor and getting your own sub forum like FIT and the other sponsors?

Ronnie....like everyone else....is just trying to help.

FOR THE RECORD who's pocket gets lined when you try and force ronnie to sign up to one of your sponsorship packages 12VOLTKING?????

Attitudes like yours will only result in people who manufacture things like the CAT-08/09 to set up their own website to the detriment of the people that your website is supposed to help.

/me removes personal thoughts about 12Volts attitude

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Well, you know it isn't cheap for our administrator to run a dedicated server, pay for the licences to use this software, pay for the domain name and also pay for the advertising of the site.

So, I think when other members pay less then $10 a year to have their own banner and sub forum where people can ask them all the questions they want. Then I really don't see what the issue is.

Personally, I don't get ANY money from this website. Nor do I want any. I get very annoyed when members come in here spamming their products whilst other hardworking businesses like them PAY to get their services advertised.