Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to swap parkers in a VY executive?

vyauto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
i would like to know how to put in new parker globes for my car(VY executive) the drivers side was easy but how do u do it for passenger side??thanks for any feedback..

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
i would like to know how to put in new parker globes for my car(VY executive) the drivers side was easy but how do u do it for passenger side??thanks for any feedback..

It can be very fiddly, but the process is the same as the driver's side - there just isn 't a l ot of room to work in. Make sure you replace the parker lamp "tube" the right way up - if you put it in upside down, it won't lock into place correctly and the lamp won't work.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Can be easier to remove the airbox to give yourself some more room. But as said, exact same process as the drivers side. I actually found the drivers side to be harder as I cbf taking out the battery.

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
on the passenger side... pull out the coolant thingy

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
i hated doing this... ****ed around for about 20 minuted to realise the tube for my parkers was rooted lol