Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to tell 2016 SSV

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
How can you tell diff between SS and SS-V in 2016 model?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
And the more bolstery seats with the perforated leather ... hmm, HUD probably the best to use though, not as easy to change as the boot SSV badging or the wheels, and the seat/trim differences are hard to describe despite being obvious if you compare.

Chubba

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV RDL
How can you tell diff between SS and SS-V in 2016 model?

Some already mentioned but the list I have is:

1)Colour driver information panel in instrument cluster.
2)Colour HUD
3)19 inch alloys.
4)Clear lens on tail lamps.
5)Sports leather steering wheel
6)8 way electric adjustable driver seat
7)8 speaker sound system (redline has 9 speaker BOSE) How would you tell if it's BOSE?... **** knows.

Maybe blindspot alert as well?

Obviously 1 & 2 hard to change maybe 6 & 7 as well.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Thanks for the replies, mate bought an SS-V Sportwagon in WA for $42k with 10k km on it. Nice car, says SS on tail, sides, no Brembos, which was surprising. 19” cast not surprising. Easily mistakeable for an SS from outside really.
Yes inside has SS-V emblem on the dash (sort of puts paid to any doubt and now I know why Holden put it there) because apart from that the main diff is it has a HUD, then electric seat adjustment, but yeah hard to tell stereo detail in a Wagon.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thanks for the replies, mate bought an SS-V Sportwagon in WA for $42k with 10k km on it. Nice car, says SS on tail, sides, no Brembos, which was surprising. 19” cast not surprising. Easily mistakeable for an SS from outside really.
Yes inside has SS-V emblem on the dash (sort of puts paid to any doubt and now I know why Holden put it there) because apart from that the main diff is it has a HUD, then electric seat adjustment, but yeah hard to tell stereo detail in a Wagon.
Only the Redline got the Brembos. The SSV also has leather and alcantara seating. The SS has vinyl type seats, with larger swathes of alcantara.
Not much difference on the outside apart from the wheels.
I do like the self locking tailgate on the series 2's. You can shut it softly, it pulls itself in with electric assistance and doesn't move.

Last edited:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Dirk, none of the wagons got the Bose stereo, it was only installed in the sedans.

Maz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R M6
Some already mentioned but the list I have is:

Maybe blindspot alert as well?

I can confirm 2016 SS-V Redlines have blind spot alert.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Only the Redline got the Brembos. The SSV also has leather and alcantara seating. The SS has vinyl type seats, with larger swathes of alcantara.
Not much difference on the outside apart from the wheels.
I do like the self locking tailgate on the series 2's. You can shut it softly, it pulls itself in with electric assistance and doesn't move.
All wagons got self locking (pulls itself in not off), even my SV6 wagon which is series 1.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
All wagons got self locking (pulls itself in not off), even my SV6 wagon which is series 1.
Dealer loaned me a VF2 SV6 wagon for the week-end leading up to delivery of my SS. Having never owned a wagon before I was trying to gently (I assumed I wouldn’t have to slam it) close the tailgate using my finger tips on the gate edge....pinched my fingers 3 or 4 times before I realised what was happening...yeah, I know, slow learner.