Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to tell if a commodore has not been raped?

shanemumford

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
how to tell if a commodore has not been raped/molested. im 16 looking for my first car and i am curious what i should be asking the owner and what to look at?

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
the drivers seat and seat belt if rooted so is the rest of the car.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Service books available with the car and study them and make sure EVERY service has been done using the correct fluids at the correct times.
Too easy.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Being young, if looking for your first ride, it’s best to avoid a modded. That’s because one tends to do focus on the mods with rose coloured glasses and as a result misses other obvious signs of abuse. Oh, cheap modded cars are abused disposable hoonmobiles

As such it’s better to buy a bog standard car and inspect it with someone older that you trust, someone who isn’t emotionally attached to a purchase. Then look at service history and the general condition of interior carpets, seats and door trims along with pedals for wear and all switches and buttons actually do what they are supposed to do... Oh and check all globes work... Also look at how many previous owners the car has had and how long the current owner has had it for... Id say stay away from flippers or people who’ve had yje car a short time, else you buy someone else’s problems.

If service ownership, service history and interior looks good, then check condition of body paint work and else I ally panel gap alignment (compare one side to the other and any noticable differences would be due to poor crash repair). Also check door jams, sills and such for cleanliness and good paint that matches the body.

Finely go for a drive and ensure gears change smoothly with no odd noises on start, acceleration, braking and turning and all dash gauges work... Any odd noises, walk away unless you know exactly why the noise exists.

Obviously unmodifies one owner vehicles with impeccable service history that is owned by an ocd car nut is the best but you’ll pay a premium for such...

Others may be able to offer specifics about known faults if you can give them an idea of what year/model/variant you’re considering and the budget you have, else it‘s just general tyre kicking :p

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Check the exhaust pipe if there is a white sticky fluid there then it has been raped.

John.s

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy commodore s pac l36
how to tell if a commodore has not been raped/molested. im 16 looking for my first car and i am curious what i should be asking the owner and what to look at?
if its stock usually its good. look at the owner really

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
My VE is stock and it’s immaculate and has never missed a service using correct fluids etc.
That’s what you should be looking for, and for a premium price I might even sell it one day perhaps soon.