Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to treat a VE???

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
im not going to say much.. but at work today, we had a VE SS that just clocked 30,000kms, warranty voided.

i work at a automotive service and repair shop, it came in because the transmission is slipping.

hmm.. a VE SS 6.0L V8 Auto without a warranty, a slipping trans, rubber spray in the guards, rubber pick up in tread of tyres and missing chunks of tread.

do i need to say much more?

how do you guys think people should treat such a car? sorta made me sad, go f**k a 5L VK or VN instead. its rooted at 30 thou. :cry:

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
Why is the warranty voided though ?

I don't understand. My transmission is screwed but I have a 3 year / 100,000km warranty I think ?

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
i like seeing expensive cars getting thrashed. Why buy a ****ing 6L and drive it like a pussy, thrash the crap out of it, service it and replace what you break. Good stuff to the owner of this one :)

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Why is the warranty voided though ?

I don't understand. My transmission is screwed but I have a 3 year / 100,000km warranty I think ?

holden would not repair the tranny because they believe it was because of drivers fault.

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
Holden/HSV will try that trick on me I bet......

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Holden/HSV will try that trick on me I bet......

just make sure you dont go in there with your burnout tyres on, and make sure you get as much rubber spray off the wheel guards as you can

then they have no proof.

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
I don't thrash mine.

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
then you havnt got a problem..

oh and thumbs up for that :thumbsup: i believe cars like yours are meant to be looked after and cared for. vns, vls and vks are for burnouts, not VE's. like fair enough nothin wrong with givin it a squirt etc, but do you really need to pull ringies and skids?

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
if i had a ve i woundlt be kaning it so hard i ****ed up the trans, then again i wouldnt buy an auto, but i would pull skids a fair bit. I dont see the reason behind buying a nice tuff v8 and then babying it around?? Any car i have will be driven hard.