Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To - VT Brake Upgrade

waynethomson

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 3 ute
so true. why anyone wants to put shite on others for having a go is out there. most of us are amatures simply having a go and learning something.

zeropalooba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim L67 manual
Just did mine and have some comments that might be useful to someone.
1) I took Markovr's suggestion and fit a Falcon (AU) brake fluid reservoir on a VT master cylinder and bolted the unit to my VS booster. It was a straightforward swap with no issues apart from having to file down the little mushroom headed screw that comes out of the VS booster.
2) I can confirm that VT backing plates are a straight swap for the VS backing plates.
3) It seems that VT series I wheel hubs have the same ABS connection as the VS so should be able to be swapped. This would avoid having to use the shim rings to make the VT discs locate properly. If I ever need to change my hubs, I'll go VT series I.
4) I saw in one of the posts that the VT steering knuckle and VT lower control arm can be swapped in for the VS units. I didn't want to go this way because I am worried about the Ackerman being wrong for the narrower VS.

Gillyvrcalaisvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Calais
Excellent write up ? will the vt rotors and claspers bolt on to Vr and do u have to change brake booster or will it be sufficient

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Excellent write up ? will the vt rotors and claspers bolt on to Vr and do u have to change brake booster or will it be sufficient
yes calipers will bolt strait on with the rotors you need hub rings there on ebay and hoses and the brake pedal feel is a lot better with the booster m/c upgrade but you can do this last
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brake-U...942813?hash=item3b4db7835d:g:mSMAAOSwTB1fTutt
this is the modified booster /mc i have on my ute with ve calipers i fitted this over 2 and half years ago
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-...715077?hash=item4db9bdf245:g:OGYAAOSwzy9dz3lE

Gillyvrcalaisvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Calais
Hi mate is there a noticeable difference stopping wise between Vr and Ve calipers and rotors fitted because thinking
Maybe putting the slotted rotors and rebuilding calipers Vr ones

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Hi mate is there a noticeable difference stopping wise between Vr and Ve calipers and rotors fitted because thinking
Maybe putting the slotted rotors and rebuilding calipers Vr ones
the more pistons the caliper has and bigger rotors its chalk and cheese but fitting the modified vt/vy booster/mc was the biggest improvement i can fit any brand or any 2 or more piston calipers
like this blokes vr 8 pots this is in howtos section
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...m-2-piece-8-pot-brakes-install-review.250436/

Last edited: