Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to wash your car.

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
hahaha i was a detailer a few years ago and thats how the boss taught me to do door trims/jambs!!

only a quick blast with the gurney though nothing like what that chick is doing, any water left in the velour bits of the trims we vacuumed out and shammied the rest off. funnily enough we never wrecked anything by doing that.

the boss's way of cleaning a filthy old farm ute was insane! rip out the seats, belts, console, floormat etc. degrease and scrub the lot on the floor then gurney it all! to clean the filthy dash/hoodlining etc.. u guessed it, degrease and gurney while its still in the car?!! again using a waterproof vacuum cleaner and shammie to get the water out!

it spun me right out when i first seen it, but it worked a treat and like i say somehow we never wrecked anything

holden boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s
thats how they clean all the cars as the come in from japan !!
as salt water is way worse :)
just need to let it dry out and its all good

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
hahaha i was a detailer a few years ago and thats how the boss taught me to do door trims/jambs!!

only a quick blast with the gurney though nothing like what that chick is doing, any water left in the velour bits of the trims we vacuumed out and shammied the rest off. funnily enough we never wrecked anything by doing that.

the boss's way of cleaning a filthy old farm ute was insane! rip out the seats, belts, console, floormat etc. degrease and scrub the lot on the floor then gurney it all! to clean the filthy dash/hoodlining etc.. u guessed it, degrease and gurney while its still in the car?!! again using a waterproof vacuum cleaner and shammie to get the water out!

it spun me right out when i first seen it, but it worked a treat and like i say somehow we never wrecked anything

Yeah my dad's old workshop had a detailer working there and thats how he did it as well. I was borrowing one of the workshop's RX7's at the time and was pretty nervous about it. Dad wanted it cleaned before i went scooting around it in on the weekend and saw him washing it and went and asked WTF are you doing. They dont sit there and spray, they just kinda do a real quick spray, then as you said vacuum it out.