Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] HOW TO: Wire up spot lights (VX, VY, VZ and possibly other models)

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
I would give you the high beam treatment too if I seen this coming at me. Same as knobheads that think jamming HID / LED into normal reflector headlights is cool but that is another subject.

As Trevor loves holden. said, connect up the signal wire via the high beam circuit (see my original post) and you will be fine.

Yes this is all good, but my big question is can I use the genuine vy commodore s and ss switch? I know this thread is old, but I have changed my fog lights as they was broken and dull to driving lights, now when I drive around on low beam I get flashed as they are to bright

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I would give you the high beam treatment too if I seen this coming at me. Same as knobheads that think jamming HID / LED into normal reflector headlights is cool but that is another subject.

As Trevor loves holden. said, connect up the signal wire via the high beam circuit (see my original post) and you will be fine.
Problem is if you flash them its illegal you can be fined, I think the problem here is this dude doesn't understand fog lights are not meant to be bright they are a soft light to be used in the fog so you can see the road lines hence the reason they only point down and shine around 8 meters in front to cut under the fog and the reason its activated via the parkers. I seen people put in higher wattage in these fog lights and melt the housing if you want spot lights then buy spot lights don't use a fog light but wire them to activate via high beam.

whiteknight66

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ Crewman
Thanks

Thanks for the information, I was going nowhere fast trying to work out how the light circuit works.

I have just wired up some spotties and these instructions worked like a charm :)

Pictures of my wiring into headlight harness and the lights working.

Now all I need to do if figure out how to get the wiring for the switch into the cabin...

View attachment 99905

View attachment 99904
Hey Mate, Sorry to Bother, What did you use to mount those lights to the bumper? How did you do it? Cheers

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Try one of these mate

Or search for "Universal car number plate light mounting bracket"

Hey Mate, Sorry to Bother, What did you use to mount those lights to the bumper? How did you do it? Cheers

turbovich

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
If one were to be installing a single light bar, is it safe to assume that feeding of the (piggy back) the light, should not effect brightness of the headlight as that is just the trigger wire for relay . Which in turn is powered seperately .