Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[How To] Wire up VY/VZ Sunglasses Holder Lights to VT/VX Berlina/Calais

Mistikal

Hoon in a Deluxe Pack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Heaps of guides around on the lower spec'd models such as the Exec, SS, and all those in-between, but nothing about how to wire it into a mid-spec or even high-spec BCM car (Berlina, Calais, Statesman). The guides I did find online, show you how to wire in the holder, while retaining the dome light, I wished to delete it.

In essence, the mid-spec and high-spec cars have slightly different wiring in the roof - as seen in this diagram.

sVAYZIJ.jpg

Base models have a black negative wire which earths to the car "somewhere", where-as the other models have a BCM controlled negative or earth, denoted as the Violet wire. To add even more confusion, the Yellow/Blue and White/Green wires are changed between the models.

Below is what wires go to where on the car/roof loom - I have done this to my own car, and all functions work, including the rear courtesy lights in all modes.

Grounding to the roof will require a new hole made with a screw no longer than 12-15mm from the base of the head of the screw, into the support beam that held the original dome light. If you fit a longer screw, you will hit the outer roof skin. With the hole made, you can fit a ring terminal and ground the first pin to the roof of the car.

cS8wbnl.png

I must thank heyitsEnricoPallazzo who created the first itteration of the second image, as it helped me work out what I needed to go to get it to work with my own car.

The link to wiring it into a lower spec'd model is here -- https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...-to-a-vy-centre-dome-light-connection.172996/