Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to Wire up VZ Interior Sunglasses Light to a VY Centre dome light connection

VYSS_Black

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Worked like champ mate, owe you heaps for that!

I'll try and get pics up of the finished project by tommorow!

VYSS_Black

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Just an update people...

Went with for a drive with a few of the boys at night, and as they opened the back doors they mentioned about the darkness in the back seats... then they looked up at the little lights above the back seat doors and said, hey why dont they work?

I totally forgot all about them lights, but as i now remember it, they are wired to the new roof lining and the plug that came out of it - which has now been discarded as i used my wires which are on my car

Any experts on how to wire these to work without ripping the lining out again? Appreciate your comments especially 'enrico pallazo'.

Cheers

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
For the rears there are 3 wires on each side. Black, white/green & orange/brown. They should connect directly to the same colours as the existing factory interior illumination loom eg. black to black etc. with the yellow/blue wire not connected to the rears.

As to connecting them without ripping out the lining again, I can't say.

Where's the bloody pic?

Mistikal

Hoon in a Deluxe Pack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Magic thread bump.

I ended up here after trying to wire in the holder into a VX Berlina. Was able to work it out with the help of the pictures here, however my car was slightly different.

Have created another thread for the mid-spec BCM with BCM switched negative (Violet wire), and how to wire it in without keeping the dome light.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...holder-lights-to-vt-vx-berlina-calais.276147/