Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How weak is weak

Apoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-Series I-6-90
Hey just wondering if anyone knows how stiff the valve springs should be...

Last time i had the tappet covers off for a bit of gunk busting and general inspection i noticed that around the base of the valve springs was a little worn or at least the deposits hadnt been able to form there (from what could only have been the spring base moving around). I could push the base of the springs around a bit too.

Does this mean my valve springs are worn? I dont think i really have any valve problems at the moment, it (my exhaust) puffs a little when idling but if i give it a good rev up then back off (giving the pedal a good quick stab), it doesnt pop and spit just wwwwhhhhhhaaaaaaaa vvvoooooooommmm. :yeah:

Just curious, something i may need to add to my "somewhere down the track and i have some more goddamn money" list of things to do to my car.

Cheers,
Apoc.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
well going by my VP manual and assuming the VN will be similair, the valve spring installed height should be 42.93 - 44.45 mm.