Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how would a VS statesman differ to a VT S pack?

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 253 Project - BMW 328i Coupe Daily
i currently have a VT S pack and i am thinking it is time to move on...

i have the opportunity to buy a VS statesman which is around the same price as a VT s... but would just like some opinions as to how they would differ (eg ride style, power, comfort, engine bits, braking, extra length etc etc)

some opinions would be great!

cheers

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
VS Statesman's come out in a V6, L67(Supercharged V6) and a V8, so it really all depends on what it has under the hood. Can't comment on braking or comfort as I have never driven one.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Being a VS the brakes will be crap. Also depends what year and model statesman your buying too. Features varied between ranges, the international being the best spec. Personally the statesman will have a better ride feel, only due to its barge like weight helps it float along nicely and im not a massive Vt fan. Vy/z is where i would head, but that is possibly over budget then. I would never buy the V6 in a statesman, simply to heavy for it. Super6 or V8 would be the only ones i would consider. But consider you will never get the economy os a Vt V6 then either. Both cars are still easy to get engine bits for, considering both still share the same ecotec motor in the v6. The Statesman V8 is still easy to get bits for, i have no trouble getting parts for my V8. Interior and trims wise, the vt is gonna be easier to get bits for if you break clips in the console ect.. while installing X device or running wires for whatever. I think there was an IRS issue in the vs statesman, but they needs clarifying off someone else.
From a personal standpoint i dont think moving to a VS statesman is the way to go. I'd look the otherway and look atleast at a Vx berlina and upwards from there. It would prob have just as many features as a vs statesman.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
VS Statesman will have a better ride feel, being the luxury model, with all the features and the comfort spec suspension.
Brakes are disgusting on a VS, 54mm single piston calipers on a 288X22mm disc compared to twin 42mm pistons on a 296X28mm disc. If you went the Statesman, definately do a VT-VE brake upgrade.
Statesman is also a long wheelbase car, which will be a headache around the city area or trying to park.
Statesman will be slower and less efficient than the VT due to the heavier chassis/dead weight of the car, seeing as it's bigger.

Considering your on your P's the V6 is the only option. Go the VT S.

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 253 Project - BMW 328i Coupe Daily
you can get an exemption to drive the L67s in statesmans... so thats what it would be. i live in the eastern suburbs where all car parks are nice and long and i only ever catch the train into the city so parking isnt a problem... i will have to re think. thanks guys

mking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged vs caprice sII
stock stato's ride awesome, parking is no hassle at all just as easy to park as my old vs executive and weight wise i cant even tell the difference with mine compared to my old exec got some rockers and other engine bolt ons in my caprice and it shits all over my old vs and anything with a stock ecotec in it so i doubt they are much slower then other ecotec cars

richie401

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS 6LT
mate sick with the vt, dnt go backwards

310pack

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Calais Gen 111, Vz Berlina Wagon and 1948 GMC
Statesmans are big cars, VS stato's "Luxury Options" not much better than standard Commodores, look for Caprice if that is what you want, Buy as late as you can a Berlina or a Calais. All the "Luxury" without the size or weight issues.