Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Howdy. I have a few noob questions about my new VF Calais V.

Rooney69

'Sarcasm'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 3.6
It's a 3.6 one with 98000k's.

Just wondering first off is it safe to get a VCM intake and custom dyno tune placed on this engine and not have to do any other modifications to pair with it?
Also if I did this, and it was the only performance modification, would I have to inform my insurance company about it?

Question 2, compared to the V8 model Calais, does the 3.6 have any distinguishing external features that set it apart from the V8 model?
I've looked at many pictures and all I can see is side by side a V6 and V8 are identical except the rear exhaust being 4 pipes on V8 and 2 on V6.

I was thinking of getting the rear tips replaced (this is where I get lost) so that it looks like a V8 from the rear, and likely all-round then, which is funny and cool.
Not sure if that means getting a full new exhaust, or just the rear muffler sections? I want to keep it quiet and not add any sound as it is automatic and would drive me insane with the droning (used to have a VX with exhaust and it droned like mad!) so don't want that lol.

Sorry if this isn't the best place to ask all this random crap, I just don't know who else to ask to verify this stuff and get advice. Thanks.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
VF2 Calais will have an LS3 badge on the front bumper.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
VF2 Calais will have an LS3 badge on the front bumper.
no they dont.
but they do have four exhaust tips
and if you have a really keen eye, bigger brake rotors than V6 but not as big as SSV redline.or V8 brake upgrade.

Last edited:

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Just get some twin tips attached to your existing mufflers