Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How's it. Hello

DeBigge

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S Ute
Just licensed my 03 VY S ute. It's yellow sticker rescue that's done less than 200k. .. so I got it cheap has no major accident history (which is rare) and still in good nic for its age. .. its the 5spd manual series II 3.8 electrics air steer cruise fe2 17" version.

Did a maiden voyage to perth from the eastern goldfeilds region on a tank each way (9L 100klm average which I thought was pretty good) can't fault the engine. .. its internally pristine after I did a diesel flush and changed out with a lighter penrite 10w30.
Few small cosmectic issues to clean up but overall I'm really happy with it.
Holden on

Hoping to pick up some DIY tips to keep it in top shape.

Tag me if you have any advice or things to look out for.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
1st day i got mine i parked in sprint autos car park and replaced every vaccum hose possible and clamped them all up tight af

2nd day polished out tb and plenum 3mm layers of black gunk

Check all exhaust manifold nuts are tight. Not too tight theyll snap

The mouth piece on the air box half hangs off i put silicon around the join. Seal up air intake tighten clamps

Get the vaccum/air intakes 100% sealed and these things will fly

Put an added earth/ground wire from battery negetive to heater bolt. Check battery terminals are mint and tight

Then all the usual crap sparks leads fuel filter etc

DeBigge

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S Ute
1st day i got mine i parked in sprint autos car park and replaced every vaccum hose possible and clamped them all up tight af

2nd day polished out tb and plenum 3mm layers of black gunk

Check all exhaust manifold nuts are tight. Not too tight theyll snap

The mouth piece on the air box half hangs off i put silicon around the join. Seal up air intake tighten clamps

Get the vaccum/air intakes 100% sealed and these things will fly

Put an added earth/ground wire from battery negetive to heater bolt. Check battery terminals are mint and tight

Then all the usual crap sparks leads fuel filter etc
Cheers mate... great advice.. I'll get right on it.
The car runs really well I'm looking forward to the many long distance hwy trips in it on my weeks off.