Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HPC 304 Manifold only for looks or gains

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Looks like MKAL did retro starr version of their own with ls throttle body...

Still think front facing like an Ls would work better at getting more even air distribution to front cylinders but opening into manifold is still very bad design as most of air blows past 1 & 2.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https://www.facebook.com/114963811865306/posts/so-the-old-holden-50lt-starr-manifold-are-no-longer-available-so-we-made-our-fir/25982338481367818/&psig=AOvVaw14hjTXKfOkkj2hq-ofczaF&ust=1633230715818000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAcQjhxqFwoTCPj74dbgqvMCFQAAAAAdAAAAABA6

Last edited:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Looks like MKAL did retro starr version of their own with ls throttle body...

Still think front facing like an Ls would work better at getting more even air distribution to front cylinders but opening into manifold is still very bad design as most of air blows past 1 & 2.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https://www.facebook.com/114963811865306/posts/so-the-old-holden-50lt-starr-manifold-are-no-longer-available-so-we-made-our-fir/25982338481367818/&psig=AOvVaw14hjTXKfOkkj2hq-ofczaF&ust=1633230715818000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAcQjhxqFwoTCPj74dbgqvMCFQAAAAAdAAAAABA6

If the elbow is before or after the TB is irrelevant imho.
I'm guessing that an enlarged opening at the inlet to the plenum will obviously slow the air speeds.
But if the plenum was increased I can see that need for a slower entry erode.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Opening up a section that was proven to be restrictive can't slow air speed........unless it's made too big & efficient which bananas will never be.

Having bends/elbows or whatever messes with air flow to point it will favour certain cylinders or turbulence......aint possible in commodore with bananas.

Best design is straight shot to valve hence single planes then runner length,volume etc etc comes into play with hundred other things....thread is about bananas not single planes or theories.

*thread turned into 10 pages of shite

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Opening up a section that was proven to be restrictive can't slow air speed........unless it's made too big & efficient which bananas will never be.

Having bends/elbows or whatever messes with air flow to point it will favour certain cylinders or turbulence......aint possible in commodore with bananas.

Best design is straight shot to valve hence single planes then runner length,volume etc etc comes into play with hundred other things....thread is about bananas not single planes or theories.

*thread turned into 10 pages of shite

Omg is this kindergarten?
If you increase crossectional area for a given CFM velocity will fall if you decrease crossectional area velocity will increase.
This is how venturis work.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
There seems to be a few members that can't help the selves but to argue even if theyre wrong. This is actually very sad and these people should seek help.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There seems to be a few members that can't help the selves but to argue even if theyre wrong. This is actually very sad and these people should seek help.
Excellent, finally you have admitted to what others have been saying. Now can we please put this drawn out conversation to bed?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Excellent, finally you have admitted to what others have been saying. Now can we please put this drawn out conversation to bed?

If I wanted to hear from a sidekick I would've asked mate.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Shane give it a rest, when you start posting dyno videos that are relevant to our engines we might show some interest. a LS is not a 304 with a banana's manifold in any world.

If you were correct, adding the larger elbow and TB on the Starr manifold would make no improvements but it does. On that basis alone you are wrong with your theoretical calculations. We simply don't care.

Thread locked.

OP, if you wish to get more info please start another thread and if it goes in the same direction as this one I'll simply delete the offending posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.