Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HPT or EFILive Mafless LS1 Tune Read

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
Hi All,
I am looking for someone local in the Penrith, NSW area that can read the tune from my VX LS1. The car was mafless tuned about 9 years ago and produces very nice smooth power.
My original tuner is no longer around or at least I can't track them down. I am about to sell the car, but would like to keep a copy of the tune files seeing and I paid a lot for the dyno time to get it right. Can anyone suggest someone that might be able to read this for me. I do not require editing of the tune. Just a read.
Thanks in advance, John

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
as long as its not locked then anyone with HPT or EFI can read it ( or even hptuner ngauge can read tune file) and wont cost anything, wont matter what format its kept in

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
as long as its not locked then anyone with HPT or EFI can read it ( or even hptuner ngauge can read tune file) and wont cost anything, wont matter what format its kept in
Id be happy to pay someone to do it, but had a quote already and though it was a bit steep considering no license is required to read with HPT or EFILive. 07GTS can you help suggest someone?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
business prob wants to charge half hour or something to read it which only takes 2-5 mins if u do a full read, was gonna say if ur in my area ill read it for u but im in Vic so bit far away

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
Over $100 for something that takes a couple of minutes, requires no added expense for licensing and no real skill. I've decided to buy my own MPVI2 so I can read my old VX tune and play around with my new LS3 and my mates L77. Just hope it arrived before the VX sells.

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
nice... ill be upgrading once they bring out the aux attachment for analogue inputs, just read up hard core on anything u want to change most things have roll on affect to many areas

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
It's been a long time since to played around with tuning. I come from the days of EEPROMS and Memcals and ALDL ports running at 160 or 8192 Baud speed. I even wrote my own live monitoring software for the ALDL system which most people wont even remember. Very excited about getting my new MPVI2. It is ordered and paid for, so just waiting now.

Image3.png

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
sounds good if u like playing around with it the hptuners scanner has some great filter maths functions u can make up yourself, took me a while to wrap my head around because i dont speak much computer, also there is a add on u can pay for that if u have the ability to find your own "can data" u can make your own tables in the tune if u can identify the PID u want to adjust but that stuff is over my head