Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HPTUNERS - alloytec

the_panther

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
G'day.
Anyone played with hptuners for alloytec?
Considering a Mase set of 210 cams and was interested in diy tuning, however am reasonable and will settle for tuning with a OTR CAI & full exhaust (200cpi)
Cam tuning seems risky. the hot&cold + IN&EX maps look delicate without a good knowledge base.
interested in spark advance, but unsure of safe limits (cars got knock removal by removing advance.) i see numbers of around 4 degrees on other forums. spark advance with PE should liven it up.
have looked on the hptuners home for info but figured id ask the home of holdens and builds.
inb4 search hptuners; not much in repository and limited data on modern interface with alloytec.
has anyone had much success, i know tuning houses want to keep info 'inhouse' so not finding heaps of relevant data.
have played with Powere Enrichment (lambda), MAF, for more info i'm looking at can wideband for install into cats (yeah, i know, first things first.. parcels in the mail)

If willing and in melb SE with tuned mods, happy to swap clear DTC's for read of tune, maybe a cold drink or 6.

Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
HP Tuners has only started to support the Bosch ECU for Alloytecs recently which is a big reason why there's not a lot out there (that and they don't even support it fully at the moment AFAIK) so I think a lot of places that do them might be using something else for Euro cars to do them. I think it would be difficult if you're not familiar with how the cam phasers work either, possibly investigate how people have tuned the Nissan VQ engines as they're much more commonly modified and seem to use similar cam phasing, or other engines that use phasing.

Might be worth seeing if a place like RevHigh has any info on their site about what they use.

Last edited:

the_panther

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
G'day,
Good info, I hadn't considered reviewing the tunes for other motors with variable cam phasing. Thats a great idea.
I have had a good look around the websites, RevHigh, VCM, HpTuners, g8 forums.
Have only found some Youtubes from HPtuners academy, they seem very informative but not specific enough for this particular application.
I will look into the VQ info and keep searching for more data.
Thanks!

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Pretty sure the 2010 Camaro RS has a Bosch ECU as well. Might help to look around Camaro5 as seppos love modding V6 Camaros for budget builds. Something, something cheap insurance.