Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV’s Limited Edition SV6000

NewSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6000
It's a shame HSV detune the engines before they stick them in Aussie cars. The exhaust is not done, headers or extractors are not fitted.:mad:
I have sent mine to my engine tuner in Brisbane and at some cost he is getting around 370Kw to 380Kw from it.:yeah:

Must do excersize if buying a new HSV or even V8 Holden.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
NewSV said:
It's a shame HSV detune the engines before they stick them in Aussie cars. The exhaust is not done, headers or extractors are not fitted.:mad:
I have sent mine to my engine tuner in Brisbane and at some cost he is getting around 370Kw to 380Kw from it.:yeah:

Must do excersize if buying a new HSV or even V8 Holden.

yeah, the difference is that you don't have to put a warrantee on any of the work. IIRC the VT/Z chassis was only ever designed for 300kw.

Reaper

adam_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU manual
yeah i work at a dealer and we had 2 there at one stage, auto and manual both yellow. Never seen a black one yet. The manual one had a problem where it would pop out of first gear, with a rather loud bang apparently.

And yeah im not a fan of the vents in the guards either, they should have designed a dual vent style, that would have been sweet.
Also i reckon it might look pretty schmick with black holden badges on the yellow ones, gold on the black ones or someing

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
Apparently the plain vent like that is now standard on the '06 VZ R8 - the base Clubsport still has the fins across the vent. Not sure why they would do that - looks better with the fins.

adam_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU manual
Rombles said:
Apparently the plain vent like that is now standard on the '06 VZ R8 - the base Clubsport still has the fins across the vent. Not sure why they would do that - looks better with the fins.

yeah funny you should mention that, after work i walk back through the commercial yard to get to my car and yesterday i noticed that the new maloo's had the plain vent to, was probably an R8 as you say but didnt really take that much notice.

NewSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6000
Mine pops out of first on occasions as well, I thought I just had a lazy arm! Goes like hell though and the brakes are tollally awsome.
If the devil drove a car I am sure he would he would drive one of these!
It will break traction in 3rd cog with cold tyres, very scary if you are not ready for it!

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
holy shite that is one awesome car... *wipes drool* i dont mind the side flutes, something different i guess. goddam that car looks MEAN! :D