Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Advice

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
This list is good and resembles my one at the time.

VF2 redline and Gen-f clubby are very comparable, and noticed lots in a back to back test. Mine was a touch more than a redline, but the induction noise made it for me, less fake sounding than the redline. Plus seats are much nicer and I could get an interesting colour.

As previous, I wanted manual, so only test drove one auto, just to check.

I didn't even test a LSA engined car, mainly because they were just that little too high a price, but also I dislike a supercharger whine. It would undoubtedly be much faster, but my LS3 is plenty fast enough for Aussie roads, and Victorian policing.

Find some test drive options and have fun

This Clubby was in my street and absolutely fell in love with the color when I saw it ( Practically love at first site) . but I don't know what color it is . And I was very much a sucker for a white HSV but this was draw dropping good and sounded equally great as well. But cant seem to find any with a GTS Wing and the same color.

Having the same trouble with my search. So I rang up a dealer who has one sitting on his lot with a tad over 100k's and I have a drive booked in for Friday Morning (for a 2015 GTS)

Now the only GTSR that I think feasibly I can test drive is in WA so I'm going to have to figure out a way to get out there and have feel down side to that one is that its bit out of my budget by a lot.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1270.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1270.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 117

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If it were me & I were trading up from a VT, I wouldn't kick myself if I'd found a good GTS and were unable to find an -R.
Not a lot of -R's were made, and the fact HSV no longer sells anything that's not stinking garbage means more of the people who bought a GTS-R would be holding on to them than would traditionally have occurred.
The -R will indeed retain more value in future due to it's rarity, but if you're considering bang-for-buck & driving enjoyment, I don't believe the cost of that "-R" is warranted by what little change there is compared to a GTS.

Gotta_Drive_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 HSV Clubsport R8 LS3 E3
My 2011 Ls3 Clubby is manual, has cam, ceramic extractors, 3 inch exhaust and all the good head gear. Produces 339 RwKw, approx 407kw engine hp and is absolutely brilliant to drive. It actually sounds and goes like a super car. The mods were done when car was almost new and still only has 45k on the clock. Basically what I am getting at is that whatever car you buy, you can trick it to suit. Ps, a short shifter is a must if you go manual.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Not a lot of -R's were made,

In relation to GEN F2-

They made about 2400 GTS-R’s, the second highest produced after Clubsport sedans. Still not a lot, but enough to take them out of the ‘rare’ class.

Clubsport tourers are actually the rarest with (I believe) only around 130ish made

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
In relation to GEN F2-

They made about 2400 GTS-R’s, the second highest produced after Clubsport sedans. Still not a lot, but enough to take them out of the ‘rare’ class.

Clubsport tourers are actually the rarest with (I believe) only around 130ish made
how many clubsport GENF1 wags? might head down that path. also know if there were GENF2 'SV' (LS3) wags?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
how many clubsport GENF1 wags? might head down that path. also know if there were GENF2 'SV' (LS3) wags?

Around 200 F1 wags mate. But there were no F2 LS3 tourers at all. The only LS3's in F2 were Clubbie and Maloo SV Black, Grange SV and Clubbie R8 Track edition

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The only LS3's in F2 were Clubbie and Maloo SV Black, Grange SV and Clubbie R8 Track edition

They were orders made prior to Euro 5 emissions.

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
If it were me & I were trading up from a VT, I wouldn't kick myself if I'd found a good GTS and were unable to find an -R.
Not a lot of -R's were made, and the fact HSV no longer sells anything that's not stinking garbage means more of the people who bought a GTS-R would be holding on to them than would traditionally have occurred.
The -R will indeed retain more value in future due to it's rarity, but if you're considering bang-for-buck & driving enjoyment, I don't believe the cost of that "-R" is warranted by what little change there is compared to a GTS.

Yeah that what I'm coming to realize with the GTSR maybe that it not quite attainable as I thought it would , be cause being realistic maybe hypothetically the GTS is to much for me to handle so than a GTSR would just be stupid. but we'll wait too see

And also I want to thank you all for your advice really appreciative of what you guys have to say

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
why so limited numbers?
Demand. People generally wanted sedans.

Even rarer are manual Gen-F Tourers (wagons) ... dunno how many were made, but I've only seen maybe 6 for sale used since I started being interested circa 2014.

BTW GTS-R was like 10kW over a GTS, you would probably notice the power increase in certain circumstances but there's no concern over it being "too much" compared to a GTS.

PS. @tml678 ta for the info on -R numbers, wow, that's a heap! That really surprises me, I thought they were a last-gasp tweak to make the final (I dunno) 300 cars leave the dealers relatively quickly.