Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Advice

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
My 2011 Ls3 Clubby is manual, has cam, ceramic extractors, 3 inch exhaust and all the good head gear. Produces 339 RwKw, approx 407kw engine hp and is absolutely brilliant to drive. It actually sounds and goes like a super car. The mods were done when car was almost new and still only has 45k on the clock. Basically what I am getting at is that whatever car you buy, you can trick it to suit. Ps, a short shifter is a must if you go manual.
Gotta say you clubby looks mint

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
OP, if you can, get an LSA model, you’ll regret it later on if you don’t. Nothing wrong with the LS3 ones but you may as well get the more powerful one if you can

happy to answer any specific questions you might have :)
What is better over the LSA vs a LS3?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
What is better over the LSA vs a LS3?

Not quite sure how to answer that to be honest..aside from the obvious power output difference, the LSA has strengthened internals, forged crank, oil squirters to cool the pistons etc, I’m not going to list them all, the info is available via google.

The LS3 is a fantastic engine as well and some people prefer naturally aspirated over forced induction, drive both and choose what you like :)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
An LSA is pretty much an intercooled & supercharged LS3.
There are a few who find the LS3 more it’s more free-revving & weighs less, but for most the extra 100+kW & proportionally even more torque makes the LSA the king.

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Not quite sure how to answer that to be honest..aside from the obvious power output difference, the LSA has strengthened internals, forged crank, oil squirters to cool the pistons etc, I’m not going to list them all, the info is available via google.

The LS3 is a fantastic engine as well and some people prefer naturally aspirated over forced induction, drive both and choose what you like :)
Yeah its just quite a mind boggle with what makes them different from one another. but defiently going to do that

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
An LSA is pretty much an intercooled & supercharged LS3.
There are a few who find the LS3 more it’s more free-revving & weighs less, but for most the extra 100+kW & proportionally even more torque makes the LSA the king.
Ahh ok that make sense

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The LSA is an LS3 on steroids.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Ahh ok that make sense

You also get a strengthened auto gearbox (6L90E in the LSA models vs 6L80E in LS3’s), strengthened driveshaft and 9.9inch diff with oil cooling as well, and an independent oil cooler for the engine, It’s a fairly unbreakable package.

Ive had the LS3 as well and don’t have a bad word to say about it either. Both are great engines, one just has that bit more I guess

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
You also get a strengthened auto gearbox (6L90E in the LSA models vs 6L80E in LS3’s), strengthened driveshaft and 9.9inch diff with oil cooling as well, and an independent oil cooler for the engine, It’s a fairly unbreakable package.

Ive had the LS3 as well and don’t have a bad word to say about it either. Both are great engines, one just has that bit more I guess

That's good about the better auto trans . as my VT auto trans slips so badly sometimes that why I was worried about getting another auto holden. Does the manual version of the LSA get the strengthened driveshaft and the 9.9 inch diff?