Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hsv aerial not working

clubby1996

clubby1996
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV clubsport
hey there, my aerial on my hsv 96 clubsport has stopped working, does anyone have any idea where to start with the repair of this? the stereo itself still tries to pick up reception,but the aerial wont go up and down anymore, not even manually, any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks guys, suzi

WhyallaVp

Vp Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
Same thing happened to me. For starters i took off the plastic wheel arch guard so i could physically see the aerial motor. Turn accessories on then turn the radio on. Touch the aerial motor and if it's warm/hot it is most likely seized (as this was the case with mine).
Then i pulled the motor off, greased it up and tried it again. Turns out it worked fine.. even after two months of it constantly being asked to go up. Pretty tough units. If it's not, and you have fiddled with electrical components before then you can quite easily pull it apart and fault find.
If you're new to it i'd suggest going out and buying another unit as it is relatively easy to install provided you have the time and patience on your hands to get to the back of the radio to plug in the new aerial wire.

clubby1996

clubby1996
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV clubsport
thanks!

thanks heaps for that... will do all youve mentioned on the weekend and see what comes out of it...cheers! suzi

HOLDENFAN

Reaction score
yeah agreed lol worst part is plugging the new one in :(. Gl with it mate, done it before myself