Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV AP Brake setup - what's it worth?

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Hi all, looking at maybe, MAYBE, selling a full set of 4 piston HSV AP brakes but unsure what a reasonable price would be to ask, obviously I want as much as possible and whoever may be buying wants to pay as little as possible :D and thats fine, that is how it is!
Calipers are in really excellent shape and have brand new genuine AP front and rear rotors, full set of braided lines, full set of brand new EBC Red stuff pads. All clips and pins too.
Any advice on a fair asking price would be helpful.

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Keep checking ebay, set a watch on similar items, see what they go for

bob builder

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Hi all, looking at maybe, MAYBE, selling a full set of 4 piston HSV AP brakes but unsure what a reasonable price would be to ask, obviously I want as much as possible and whoever may be buying wants to pay as little as possible :D and thats fine, that is how it is!
Calipers are in really excellent shape and have brand new genuine AP front and rear rotors, full set of braided lines, full set of brand new EBC Red stuff pads. All clips and pins too.
i am not being helpful, i was hoping you could tell me if you have used these brake pads before and if you have, do you consider them ok cold?
i am considering using them and i tried some other ceramic pads a few years ago and was very disappointed when they were cold.
thanks in advance
Bob

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Hi mate, I can’t comment on them as I never ran them.
I only got them because they were recommended to me, I was actually looking at the Bendix Ultimates at the time.

bob builder

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Hi mate, I can’t comment on them as I never ran them.
I only got them because they were recommended to me, I was actually looking at the Bendix Ultimates at the time.
fair enough, good luck with the sale

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
i am not being helpful, i was hoping you could tell me if you have used these brake pads before and if you have, do you consider them ok cold?
i am considering using them and i tried some other ceramic pads a few years ago and was very disappointed when they were cold.
thanks in advance
Bob

I run Red Stuff pads in my Maloo and Redline, both with DBA rotors.
Rotors and pads are just about due on the Magnum, so it will get the same treatment very soon.
Recently fitted a set to a friends VE SV6, he says they're brilliant.
No problems when they are cold, they wear well, not too hard on rotors and very little dust.
Not sure how they compare on price with Holden factory pads, but lots cheaper than HSV factory crap pads...

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Great real life experience answer!

bob builder

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
I run Red Stuff pads in my Maloo and Redline, both with DBA rotors.
Rotors and pads are just about due on the Magnum, so it will get the same treatment very soon.
Recently fitted a set to a friends VE SV6, he says they're brilliant.
No problems when they are cold, they wear well, not too hard on rotors and very little dust.
Not sure how they compare on price with Holden factory pads, but lots cheaper than HSV factory crap pads...
thank you for the responce, i have ordered them this morning.

VFSV340

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV 340
Was anyone looking for a set?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
People are asking what I consider to be stupid money for second hand HSV 4 pot calipers and rotors. Especially as the ones I have seen might need reconditioning. One set was going for $5500.