Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV brakes question

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi All,

Since i bought my HSV Clublsport R8 my brakes sqeak/screech real loud when i am just about come to a stop....like at speeds of under 10km/hr and application of brakes is very very light. it happens most times but not all.... maybe its a heat or lack of heat issue???

they are the upgraded premium brakes from factory (front and reat)...cross drilled etc. both the fronts and rears have plenty of material on the pads so its not worn pads.

but its getting really annoying, especially when stopping at pplz houses at night...wake up the neighbour hood :bang:

Deano

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
I have replaced pads on cars that looked like they had plenty of meat, but the pads where glazed, and squealled. This could be your problem, try a new set of pads, I would recommend bendix, they make a pad specially designed for cop cars. Good Luck

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
if i put the brakes on hard it doesnt do it at all.....
is there anyway to fix the current pads...can u unglaze them if you know what i mean?
why does this "glazing" occur???

i was thinking of putting EBC greens...heard they are really good.

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
Glazing means they got to hot. You can try roughing them up with a coarse sand paper. I havn't had much experience with vented/cross drilled discs, so could be leading you astray.Good Luck