Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hsv catback exhaust onto 06 vz alloytec

Allstahr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX exec
Hey all got a brand new hsv catback exhaust laying around from 00 models just need the rear tail pipes and will probably get pacemaker headers and cats in the future. wondering if it would bolt up to my vz alloytec sedans stock exhaust for now untill i get the headers n cats. Seen threads on it before but they were old. Much trouble bolting up or just straight on no worries. Should i put a resonator on the tail pipe section or just straight through. Pros and cons of doing this?

2_stroke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Lol I remember when I was on my Ps and driving a 6, my advice is to save your money for a ss or hsv if you really love the car save for a conversion when you get off your ps. Unless you’re going to stroke or boost it why waste your money? Headers will help but it’s a six and will sound like a wet fart no matter what you do. Only sweet sounding cheap thing in my day was the old sc14 chargers on the Buicks with a pod filter lol being through it dude wasted way to much for nothing. Maybe cam it if you’re hell bent on a nice sound

Allstahr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX exec
Lol I remember when I was on my Ps and driving a 6, my advice is to save your money for a ss or hsv if you really love the car save for a conversion when you get off your ps. Unless you’re going to stroke or boost it why waste your money? Headers will help but it’s a six and will sound like a wet fart no matter what you do. Only sweet sounding cheap thing in my day was the old sc14 chargers on the Buicks with a pod filter lol being through it dude wasted way to much for nothing. Maybe cam it if you’re hell bent on a nice

Allstahr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX exec
??? I bet i will smoke you in an alloytec v6 lol. Most People with an alloytec obviously dont know how to drive them let alone drive anything else had v8s in the past and i dont see a big hype over them besides having an extra 2 cylinders. Not looking to go fast as i have a honda cbr that redlines at 19k lol 300+kmh on the clock. Looking at a little more low end torque obviously why im asking about an hsv exhaust. They are h pipes btw not x. People go with x pipes n that explains the whole farty droin noise. People wonder why they dont feel any difference in power when getting an xflow exhaust, made for top speed not acceleration where as the H pipe works on acceleration side. Guessing yours was n x style exhaust

2_stroke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Tbh I can’t recall with the vr had hm headers as that was go back then the system was just a basic 2.5 straight through and yer was more then likely a x style. Do miss the old Buick but lolz it’s a matter of kw and torque and the 8 is over 30% more in both, when you’re towing trust me lol you will know. But why not just get under ya car and try a bolt up worst case a couple of dollars for a couple of gaskets. Probably can be done with a quick call to any decent shop

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
When do school holidays start?

Edit: I may have posted in the wrong thread?