Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hsv clubsport engine hesitation

clubby1996

clubby1996
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV clubsport
my hsv 96 clubsport seems to be having hesitation moments driving up to and around the 60km mark,clears out when i put my foot down, theres a complete flat spot if you put your foot to the floor from takeoff/standing position,feels like the cars being robbed of power somewhere along the line. any ideas as to what this could be would be appreciated.cheers.

HRDHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLOWN VX CLUBSPORT R8
Checked plugs, leads and coil??????

clubby1996

clubby1996
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV clubsport
sure have!! ive done ground up rebuilds on a hq1tonner,gemini,vl calais and a couple other older cars so know the basics to check,just trying to learn more about these modern engines if i can....if i can fix it myself and avoid the costs,i do it. Cheers.Suzi

HRDHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLOWN VX CLUBSPORT R8
Well fuel pump and injectors is all i can think off, so if it aint that then i dunno??

clubby1996

clubby1996
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV clubsport
cheers,i appreciate the effort in you even replying.. yeah, i think its the injectors.. gotta track down how to pull this engine down... ive got some homework cut out for me... lmao... thanks a bunch ay... suzi

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Had a similar problem in my VN just recently, changed my leads,plugs full service ect. Ended up been my fuel pump... is it missing at all?

clubby1996

clubby1996
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV clubsport
yeah,it does have a miss... at times it feels like its only running on 7 cylinders,yet ive confirmed it isnt the plugs,leads,coils,etc... im checking out the injectors atm but will look into the fuel pump as well...hopefully its one out the two... thanks heaps :)