Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Confirms Release of "Gen-F"

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Seriously, are people so blind and stupid that they can't see that it doesn't matter if you have 90kw or 430kw, if there is an idiot behind the wheel the result will be the same. /QUOTE]

Jester,

True, but the nong will just get there a damned sight faster.

Fortunately, the $95k pricetag should only see new cars being purchased by intelligent and responsible people, though what happens to its price down the track after a few years depreciation and wear and tear is anybody's guess.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Calaber said:
Jester,

True, but the nong will just get there a damned sight faster.

Fortunately, the $95k pricetag should only see new cars being purchased by intelligent and responsible people, though what happens to its price down the track after a few years depreciation and wear and tear is anybody's guess.

Well, I don't know if I can agree with that statement. Money doesn't always mean intelligence, a prime example of this is people spending $100K on a Holden. :p

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Well, I don't know if I can agree with that statement. Money doesn't always mean intelligence, a prime example of this is people spending $100K on a Holden. :p

Well, HSV obviously thinks there are enough of them out there to make it worthwhile building the things. Time will tell.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Yet anything close in performance is costing at best near double might make it a cheap car.

Well, HSV obviously thinks there are enough of them out there to make it worthwhile building the things. Time will tell.

They will sell. No 2 ways about it. I'm very surprised they didn't release that power plant in the 25th anniversary model. From what I hear the 25th wheels will appear on some of the VF HSV range.

I checked out the pics in today's Daily Telegraph and the rear end of the HSV looks every bit as ugly as that red VF base model shown on the VF thread elsewhere in this forum. Definitely not a fan of the front either, although I realise it's just an artist's impression.

According to Wheels most (all?) of the impression is wrong with the exception of the tail lights and spoiler. I think it might have to be a see it in the flesh type thing though. Some will love it, others will hate it.

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
We don't need a car with that sort of power

We don't need stupid pollies and cops

We don't need stupid people

There's lots of things in life we don't need, but they're here anyway.

You just don't need a 430kw car to be stupid, it can be done in any car.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
430kw sounds great but 95 grand for a tarted up Holden sedan?? Crap you can buy a real sports car for that.. OMG HERE COMES A CORNER WHAT DO I DO?

I'm with the media, less power more refinement please. It will still be just a Commodore. In 5 years it will cost less secondhand than a new Camry.. if they haven't all been written off by then.

If I were to spend 95 grand on a car, there is no freaking way it would be a Holden.

troyzv2

Reaction score
Members Ride
v2 monaro supercharged
well i just brought a 98 hsv gts for $13,000 so in 2028 i hope i can buy one of these for the same money :yeah:

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
well i just brought a 98 hsv gts for $13,000 so in 2028 i hope i can buy one of these for the same money :yeah:

You got ripped.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
430kw sounds great but 95 grand for a tarted up Holden sedan?? Crap you can buy a real sports car for that.. OMG HERE COMES A CORNER WHAT DO I DO?

Lol at the guy who has obviously never driven a E series anything in anger :rofl:. The bottom line is that if you want a large GT style fast tourer there is the HSV range, FPV sub $100k and then you double it for entry level euro fast.

I'm with the media, less power more refinement please. It will still be just a Commodore. In 5 years it will cost less secondhand than a new Camry.. if they haven't all been written off by then.

If I were to spend 95 grand on a car, there is no freaking way it would be a Holden.

lololol #### me - I can tell you that people buying anything in this territory and up really don't give a flying #### about resale. If they did HSV, FPV, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Ferrari, Masserati, Jaguar, and god knows how many other brands would not have one single sale. Also from personal experience I'd far prefer to drive an E1 HSV anything well kept (thats' a 5yo HSV these days) rather than a brand new Camry or Aurion (btw I've driven both with sub 1000km on the clock). I'd be interested to meet anybody who seriously would cross shop a GTS Commodore (even a 5 yo one) with a Camry :rofl:

Further to that, you seem to have drawn some massive conclusions about a car you have not even seen, much less driven. Have you even driven a current series HSV GTS? The MRC shocks are a world apart from your standard **** box Omega crap and for that matter leave even the SS-v Redlines for dead.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Lol at the guy who has obviously never driven a E series anything in anger :rofl:. The bottom line is that if you want a large GT style fast tourer there is the HSV range, FPV sub $100k and then you double it for entry level euro fast.

lololol #### me - I can tell you that people buying anything in this territory and up really don't give a flying #### about resale. If they did HSV, FPV, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Ferrari, Masserati, Jaguar, and god knows how many other brands would not have one single sale. Also from personal experience I'd far prefer to drive an E1 HSV anything well kept (thats' a 5yo HSV these days) rather than a brand new Camry or Aurion (btw I've driven both with sub 1000km on the clock). I'd be interested to meet anybody who seriously would cross shop a GTS Commodore (even a 5 yo one) with a Camry :rofl:

Further to that, you seem to have drawn some massive conclusions about a car you have not even seen, much less driven. Have you even driven a current series HSV GTS? The MRC shocks are a world apart from your standard **** box Omega crap and for that matter leave even the SS-v Redlines for dead.

A Commodore is a Commodore. Upgrade the suspension, stick a big engine in it, add some nice leather and some stitching and stickers and its still a Commodore.
Not worth 95 grand and never will be. And no, I wasn't cross shopping anything at all, I was making a statement about resale value.