Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Confirms Release of "Gen-F"

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
well i will seriously be looking at a gts or grange when they come out......price, i dont care, all cars will loose money, but why only buy a car based on its resale, i get cars based on what i want and can afford at the time, not what i may get as a trade down the track.

the point made above about resale on a c63 is way off the mark. 165k new, 5 years time mb finance will give 75k trade on the car if it is still in good condition and only traveled 15000km p/a........thats 90k loss over 5 years!!!!

now i seriously am considering a c63 to replace my caprice but since the lsa motor has been confirmed, my plans have changed. i dont care what i loose on any of my options, all i do know is il will be over the moon with any of them.

100k for a commodore, thats fine. most people walk past a omega without even a side glance......new gts/grange/c63, looks all around. its all about the image, the brand and thats why the price isnt in reach of most as its meant to be exclusive. look at it another way, you can get a pair of dunlop volleys (omega) or a pair of nike (gts) both will do the same job but one will be better then the other and the price difference is massive.

call me a snob, call me a cashed up bogan, or just a regular bogan, i dont care. i work my arse off in my day job and also my business for my meterial items and i am going to enjoy the fruits of my labour. best of all, its all a tax claim :D

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
^^^LOL its all about the image and you want a GTS?

As for the car...meh, not my cup of tea, I am with DAKSTER, I cant understand blowing 100k on a commodore. If I was going to spend that much on a commodore, I'd spend a bit more and buy something like the R35 and make it a worthwhile blowing of cash. Sadly, I struggle handing over 50k for a car before backing out and realising it is a waste of cash. 3 trips to the dealer so far and still got the same car lmao.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
new r35's are about 190k plus. work mate is getting a '09 currently and thats still 135k. they are a great machine, just not my cup of tea and its not a car that will suit my lifestyle as our only household car.

end of the day its only money, they keep on printing it, i can keep on earning it and i cant take it with me when my time is up. atleast i will know when i do turn up at the pearly gates i will not have any regrets that i didnt get/do something i really wanted because it was a waste of money. know too many people that have died early, im not going to be one to live a dull life trying to make a comfortable life when im old, ill work my arse off while i can, enjoy every minute of it. could put money into another house, but why when i only need one, so meterial items and memories it is

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Material, sorry it just annoys me that you did that twice.
and pearly gates....... you hope.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
why does that annoy you? cars, toys, gadets, clothes and all the niceities are just that, meterial items. my life revolves afound my family and i being safe, happy and healthy. everything else is just crap to make life more comfortable.

as for the pearly gates, i dont hope, i know......im a good boy :D

Gunthrop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
^^ Hehe, i try to be a good boy myself, but agree about everything being material, enjoy what you can, whilst you can, but don't let it be the center of your life, material things are just like life itself, doesn't last forever.

PHaSR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LUMINA
wow, all this debate seems to make Gen-F into Gen-F.U. ;)

Love the fact that HSV raises the bar continually with what they do.
It might be a slight power gain between series or like this a whole engine different. Despite cost, their customers continually will come back and be happy with what they get, and the ones that arent, probably wont be happy with anything and will always want more or upgrade and change no matter what they get.

I like the gen-F name, it works and still stays true to the model theyre based from.

Im keen to see more than just artwork though.

I have no real issue with their pricing, let the rich cats buy a new one ever 2/3 years.

in 2 years, cut 50% off the price with minimal (hopefully) kms on the clock and still a great condition car that has top performance.(regardless of opinions and all differences aside, these cars are going to hammer in a straight line for a car that is a complete package with no extras needed outta the box.)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
A few reviews:

From #CarAdvice | Resource for Car Reviews, News, Advice, Road Tests, Green Cars, Hybrids

From Automotive editorial - home

From Used Cars for Sale - Browse New & Used Cars - CarPoint Australia

From Drive.com.au | Car Reviews | Car News | Buy New & Used Cars

Holden-VF-Commodore-SV6-01-e1369809221245.jpg