Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Confirms Release of "Gen-F"

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Australia’s performance car leader, HSV, today announced that its hotly anticipated new model range will be dubbed GEN-F.

Breaking with recent tradition of naming their vehicles using a series nomenclature (E Series 1, E Series 2, E Series 3), HSV needed to look further afield to overcome legal and marketing clashes.

"It was obvious, from the beginning, that we were going to have to adjust our approach, because F Series or F1 wasn't going to work" said HSV Director of Sales & Marketing Tim Jackson.

"We had three basic objectives. Firstly, we needed to ensure we referenced our vehicle's relationship with Holden's VF. Secondly, we have a new generation vehicle so we wanted to use language that people would find easily relatable. And finally, we wanted it to be simple."

"GEN-F almost picked itself", added Jackson.

Jackson also indicated some of the rumours surrounding GEN-F were on the mark, but was holding confirmation back until the official release date.

"There has been plenty of speculation so you can expect that some of it is accurate. I am just not going to reveal what’s accurate today. We will reveal all on May 15, which will be approximately a month before customers will be able to see the vehicles in the showroom".

Source - HSV Media

FirstVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS.II Commodore Executive
Some more technical information on the LSA engine here: Supercharged: HSV Gen-F GTS

And here's a blow-up of the engine:
Chevrolet-Camaro_ZL1_2012_1280x960_wallpaper_37.jpg

Looks like the "power war" has been stepped up.

YT terra

Reaction score
Website
www.yellaterra.com.au
Members Ride
whipple superchargers
Was watching the TODAY show on Channel 9 over breakfast this morning - segment with Neil Mitchell commentary.
Interesting to see this make the morning show agenda.....albeit in a negative way.

New Supercharged HSV GTS

Basically - backlash against the new performance HSV

Waaaaay Too fast
Pointless car for today's day and age
3-4 years down the track - will be priced squarely at young bogan Hoon affordability
Do we really need / want these types of cars roaming our roads.
Sound familiar...echoes of the 70's super car scare campaign
How does that SKYHOOKS song go again...............
"I'm livin in the 70's"..........

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Was watching the TODAY show on Channel 9 over breakfast this morning - segment with Neil Mitchell commentary.
Interesting to see this make the morning show agenda.....albeit in a negative way.

New Supercharged HSV GTS

Basically - backlash against the new performance HSV

Waaaaay Too fast
Pointless car for today's day and age
3-4 years down the track - will be priced squarely at young bogan Hoon affordability
Do we really need / want these types of cars roaming our roads.
Sound familiar...echoes of the 70's super car scare campaign
How does that SKYHOOKS song go again...............
"I'm livin in the 70's"..........

I was listening to GoldFM and they had a similar negative attitude towards this.

Seriously, are people so blind and stupid that they can't see that it doesn't matter if you have 90kw or 430kw, if there is an idiot behind the wheel the result will be the same.

Anyway, I think it's great as it will gain interest on a world stage, worlds most powerful sedan is a enticing title to hold.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
With this sort of power(430kw), it should blow away just about anything in a straight line.
Things like the m3/m5/m6 and c63/e63 should be blown away with ease.
Or is this gts going to be a tank and not be much faster then the current gts?

It would have to be what 340-360rwkw? Just a tune and otr could see close to 400rwkw?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I checked out the pics in today's Daily Telegraph and the rear end of the HSV looks every bit as ugly as that red VF base model shown on the VF thread elsewhere in this forum. Definitely not a fan of the front either, although I realise it's just an artist's impression.