Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Driver's Tool kit

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
I see with the recent value of Driver's tool or Vanity kits that a few reproductions have appeared for sale. Some are decent, others are nothing more than a logo. But then there's the hard to find HSV pocket knife. The usual type was the top with the light grey. One or two sellers have the all black version, with logo. Does anyone know if this version exer existed, on any model? I realise that it's the next best thing if you can't find the original, but they are still expensive for someone simply dry-decaling a bulk purchase of black Victorinox Swiss pocket knives, if even genuine Victorinox.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/2AAAAOSwfvRZhvel/s-l400.webp

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...YncUr9TY1lGuyX32DzSxIhmAiwnDXhldidqQ&usqp=CAE

The original torches seem to be this plain black Solitaire type. There's also another chunky style but I've seen them used also, may be off different model, or maybe 2 suppliers, who knows. Except the second version, not shown here, is half the price.

Last edited:

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I see with the recent value of Driver's tool or Vanity kits that a few reproductions have appeared for sale. Some are decent, others are nothing more than a logo. But then there's the hard to find HSV pocket knife. The usual type was the top with the light grey. One or two sellers have the all black version, with logo. Does anyone know if this version exer existed, on any model? I realise that it's the next best thing if you can't find the original, but they are still expensive for someone simply dry-decaling a bulk purchase of black Victorinox Swiss pocket knives, if even genuine Victorinox.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/2AAAAOSwfvRZhvel/s-l400.webp

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...YncUr9TY1lGuyX32DzSxIhmAiwnDXhldidqQ&usqp=CAE

The original torches seem to be this plain black Solitaire type. There's also another chunky style but I've seen them used also, may be off different model, or maybe 2 suppliers, who knows. Except the second version, not shown here, is half the price.

These came with an E3 Maloo.

2020-11-20 14.38.18.jpg

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Ok, anyone know about VT-VX?

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Yes, that's possibly the vanity kit as per Senator. More more interested in variations in the pocketknife that I posted.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yes, that's possibly the vanity kit as per Senator. More more interested in variations in the pocketknife that I posted.
They never came with that knife, that’s just a $20 eBay knife with a sticker slapped on.
There were only two types and both were silver. The more rare version was the solingen.

02Monaro

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Series 1 V2 Monaro
Can anyone identify what model this kit would be for? I'm debating whether to sell it or put it in my Monaro.
It's genuine NOS but it doesn't have the cap remover(or a spot for it) which seems unusual. I've googled the part number and can't find anything.

EDIT: It does actually have the cutout in the foam for the cap remover. You can't see it unless you push the foam. I should have looked closer before I posted.

IMG_20210428_191319.jpg
IMG_20210428_191207-1.jpg
IMG_20210428_191134.jpg
IMG_20210428_191144.jpg

Last edited: