Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"HSV Enhanced Ecotec"

EliMeme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Where does he 'reckon' he got this HSV idea from if it's so obscure ?

The bloke he bought it from ?

Idea: I wonder if HSV will answer if just ask them directly?
he said it had the HSV Compliance plate on the engines original car, I just talked to him again about it and he said that it had special paint and some decals, the truth reveals itself o_O

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
It's what they call a "Sticker Pack"

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Compliance plates are always located in the body not the engine. Keen to see the plate out of curiosity

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I think he's talking the build plate and not Compliance as the Compliance has nothing to do with the cars build or level itself, it's purely a Government regulation plate attached near the build plate. Also as stated above, there is no plate attached to any engine whatsoever.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
yeah mate I'll take a picture tomorrow morning for you.

I would like to see a pic as well if possible.
You need to get the VIN number and ring HSV (03) 92659500 then they will confirm if the plate belongs to that vehicle and might tell you more about it, im sure as said it is a sticker pack like the one my m8 got a few weeks back.
The HSV Plate goes in the middle of the firewall behind the middle of the motor, it will have a Build Number on it which you might also need to have.

MrVR263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore ute
I've spent close to $3k on my V6 doing engine work and bolt on's and a stock V8 would smash it, just saying.
The above doesn't include any head work, or pistons.
What have you done to your v6 mate? It comes down to if you can do a v8 swap legit and be able to drive it without a worry then a v8 is good bang for buck but don't think a buick v6 can't be quicker cos they can. A bog stock 304efi v8 all standard no mods only make 118kw at the wheels.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What have you done to your v6 mate? It comes down to if you can do a v8 swap legit and be able to drive it without a worry then a v8 is good bang for buck but don't think a buick v6 can't be quicker cos they can. A bog stock 304efi v8 all standard no mods only make 118kw at the wheels.
I have done engine out to replace chain and chain gears, hi ratio rockers 700 bucks alone, bearings, chain probably 1800 including parts and fluids and labor. Labor on engine removal, chain and crank bearings was 1250. It goes well now all the engine is good. But i could have fitted a v8 cheaper and still have more room to find some extra HP over a stock one. I have the usual bolt ons except boost, but that's stupid money. I don't have a cam as again big money and needing to find a tuner able to do a memcal.
If i wanted to spend the money i could get 400hp out of the V6, but its a ute that's not only a DD its also a work bus that pulls a trailer and 400hp at 5k is not much use to me.

Last edited:

MrVR263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore ute
ill just say that the money spent on the rockers would have been better put towards a cam and memcal. Mace do cam and chip packages would have been a more substantial gain in power and torque but that's just my opinion. I guess if you need to pay someone to fit all the parts it does become costly if you can't do it yourself. You have seen my ute and I'm not sure how much it cost the original owner but i have some receipts of $5,600 for the 4.3lt pro stroke stroker engine build $800 in tuning and what ever all the bolt ons cost like pacemakers extractors with hpc coating full exhaust 2.5" and what ever removal and install cost. Big bucks and im so lucky i got the car cheap. Never sore dyno figures but my mate i got it off reckons it made about 147kw at the wheels but looking at the memcal file the tune looks pretty average and there's probably more in it when i get a chance to tune it. I think the level your engine is at i would leave it and enjoy it and if you want more power out of a v6 these figures would be the ball park for a tuffer v6 engine. If i get sick of the engine i may off load it cheap with all the bolt ons for a vr ute or it may go pair shaped and a broken engine will result