Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Exhaust??

Discussion in 'VY Holden Commodore (2002 - 2004)' started by nicko451, Aug 3, 2006.

1. nicko451

nicko451 Nicko

Members Ride:
    VY Executive V6 5Spd
    Hi all this may be a stupid question but my oldies got a new system for their vy clubby S2 and i now have the original and was just wondering if it would fit my vy v6??

Cheers

2. klaw81

klaw81 New Member

Members Ride:
    VYII SV8
    Most of it would fit - in that it would hang underneath the car in the correct place. However, the front pipes are very unlikely to bolt up to the end of the V6 engine pipes / extractors.

In addition, the pipes are sized for a much more powerful engine and will probably reduce the scavenging effect provided by your smaller factory exhaust. This could mean you remove some restrictions and gain a small amount of high-rev power, at the expense of losing some low-end power.

How it would sound is anybody's guess, but I'm guessing it's not going to sound like a Clubsport all of a sudden :) You might be better off selling the HSV exhaust and using the cash to buy an exhaust more suited to your car.

3. nicko451

nicko451 Nicko

Members Ride:
    VY Executive V6 5Spd
    ok cool thanks! i originally wanted to sell but didnt know if it would sell! ill chuck her on ebay and see how we go! cheers!

4. davey g-force

davey g-force I'm a sceptic...

Members Ride:
    02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
    Just out of interest, does anyone know if there would be any benefit in whacking this on my car (VY SS)? Is it much different to the SS exhaust? Would I be better off just getting an aftermarket exhaust?

5. klaw81

klaw81 New Member

Members Ride:
    VYII SV8
    I'm told there isn't much gain to be had out of the HSV exhaust, but you may get a slightly better note. Apparently most of the power gains are in the HSV headers, which are actually pretty good.