Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV front bar on sedan

k3v0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I tried to search google and this forum but couldn't find anything...

Anyone have a side picture of a normal VE sedan with just a hsv front bumper?

I want to know if it will look weird or not (since it won't have the hsv side fender things) and that if it will match the normal side skirts.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
If you want a HSV look, buy a bloody HSV!!! HSV kits on anything other than HSVs just creates a "try hard wannabe" look.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
From the front they look good, but from the side they look really awkward, makes it look a tad longer as the lines don't match the side skirts, I'd def get side skirts too if ur going this route.

k3v0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Sorry i've just got a MOD bug. If i get a HSV i would have the urge to find some other/aftermarket bumper to put on anyway. LOL

I am pretty happy with my car right now but i have found a cheap genuine bar and can get it painted and fitted free so why not? I love the way the front bar looks anyway.

I also don't have the money to fork out, on a HSV right now.

k3v0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
From the front they look good, but from the side they look really awkward, makes it look a tad longer as the lines don't match the side skirts, I'd def get side skirts too if ur going this route.

I just google the cars. It seems like they have the same side skirt. Only the Maloos have a weird side skirt.
2006holdenvecommodoress.jpg
2008holdenhsvw427sidevi.jpg

Am i correct? It looks the same. Only thing making the front end look different is the side indicator bit. So will the HSV bumper be level with the normal sedan side skirt?

I hate seeing cars with a low front bar and really thin sideskirts. LOL

Last edited:

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
If you want a HSV look, buy a bloody HSV!!! HSV kits on anything other than HSVs just creates a "try hard wannabe" look.

As pointed out some people have buy silly **** like food and pay for their houses and can't afford the 60-100 grand for a real deal!

k3v0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
and also i was a P platter when i bought my VE. I went from an auto Mazda 6 to a SV6 because my mate got me into manual so i had to change cars anyway.
I would of stayed with my 6 till now and buy an EVO or SSV. But since I already got a SV6 i'm going to stick with it for a while because i've gone through the hard way and found that cars is a WASTE of money. I lost about 15K with my Mazda 6 in ONE YEAR. Next car i'll get is 4x4 or an all wheel drive.

Oh and i'm not that interested in power anymore because there is no point of it as you can't speed any where anyways with all the new cameras and rules.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Power has never been important to me, but torque on the other hand! Can never get enough! :)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
the side skirts on the SS are a little shorter than the clubby's. So with just the front bar done, from profile, the car looks buck toothed - I've seen a ute done with an E2 bar going around near me somewhere and it looks the business from the front - but will all the extra gear on the front, the car looks unbalanced. Keep in mind too, that the design work is much heavier (for better or worse) on the front bars of the HSVs, so without all that extra work done to the rest of the car, it will look unbalanced and front-heavy. Especially with the ute. It looked VERY front heavy, without the mock lambo skirts and and all the extra padding on the sail plane.

All or nothing as far as I'm concerned, mate.

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
If anything, I'd to a rear end conversation before a front end. Clubby rear tail lights look alot better than the rest imo.