Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Grille??

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
Hi peeps,

Am looking at removing my Chev grille (which i'm sure plenty of people here will be happy about):p & replacing with something different. I wanted to try and find something with the HSV badge on the front (around the same size as the Holden badge that comes stock). Also instead of the black plastic that is on either side of the badge i was just looking to mesh behind, or alternatively have 2 chrome bars on either side of the badge.

Does anyone know if something like this exists or am i going to have to get one made up? Any advice on anything similar would be great!:thumbsup:

i think i have made my-self clear....Let me know if your unsure what i mean, post was kind of hard to explain. lol

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
Cheers Sav, yeah i remember seeing that some where on here before. Pretty similar to what i am looking for, would rather chrome instead of the black though. I guess it should be relatively easy to lay hands on a HSV badge the same size..... Did you make that up yourself?? Take long?

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
i cut out the middle sections and cut the mesh to size than i got my plastic welder to fix up all the imperfections and such and paint it and weld the mesh to the grille :) lol

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
Oh ok, sounds easy enough....If you have a plastic welder....I didnt know they even existed. i thought there were only metal ones.! lol :D

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan
Hi peeps,

Am looking at removing my Chev grille (which i'm sure plenty of people here will be happy about):p & replacing with something different. I wanted to try and find something with the HSV badge on the front (around the same size as the Holden badge that comes stock). Also instead of the black plastic that is on either side of the badge i was just looking to mesh behind, or alternatively have 2 chrome bars on either side of the badge.

Does anyone know if something like this exists or am i going to have to get one made up? Any advice on anything similar would be great!:thumbsup:

i think i have made my-self clear....Let me know if your unsure what i mean, post was kind of hard to explain. lol

You could try what I did and that is to remove the centre completely and replace with mesh, I see no problem with then placing a HSV badge in the middle to make it stand out.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-modded-there-vy-exec-grille.html#post1044288

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Not sure there is such a thing as a HSV grill as the grill/front bar etc on HSV are all one piece.

jameswh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S S/C
You could try what I did and that is to remove the centre completely and replace with mesh, I see no problem with then placing a HSV badge in the middle to make it stand out.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-modded-there-vy-exec-grille.html#post1044288

Hey mate,

Just wondering how you went about removing the grill?
I haven't had a look yet to be quite honest, but how is it held in?

Cheers. :)

Edit: Nevermind, decided to get up off my arse and have a look, heh. It's quite simple, really. : \

Last edited:

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
Not sure there is such a thing as a HSV grill as the grill/front bar etc on HSV are all one piece.

Yeah, that's what i was thinking. I like the HSV front ends, but dont really want to replace the whoel thing. Might have to go somewhere and get it made up. There a few custom places around. I havent been able to find a HSV badge the size i was after either.

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan
Hey mate,

Just wondering how you went about removing the grill?
I haven't had a look yet to be quite honest, but how is it held in?

Cheers. :)

Edit: Nevermind, decided to get up off my arse and have a look, heh. It's quite simple, really. : \

Its really easy, there are three screws on the top side of the grill, remove these then gently push the bottom of the grill back so you release the two clips without breaking them then lift it out.

Removing the centre will require a little more work and a dremel tool to cut it out. once the centre is out its just a matter of filling in the missing sections with off cuts from the removed section, filling and sanding smooth.

I recommend you use a spray putty to fill any small sections that need it and finish off with satin black bummper spray paint.

Good luck,