Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hsv gto monaro front bumper to fit vt??

GTO HOT-HEAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore 1998
Hi im new to this thread so sorry if i posted in the incorrect area.... i wanted to buy a gto front bumper bodykit for my VT commodore and have seen many sites advertising fibreglass bodykits for 280$
HOLDEN VT COMMODORE GTO MONARO STYLE FRONT BAR (eBay item 230513877889 end time 17-Apr-11 21:05:33 AEST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

But i phoned a place called xxx bodykits and another place who said that they had them for $680.... there both fibreglass and come in a gelcoat which requires light sanding and priming... your thoughts please on the 280$$ bodykit and how it will go.

This is to go on my first car and im not rich so please keep in mind that im not a billionaire haha here are some photo's of my first car in attachments, ( its not that high in real life car is on a hill).

thanks Trent.

Attachments

• Trents car.jpg
    Trents car.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 237
  • trents car 3.jpg
    trents car 3.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 349
  • trents car 4.jpg
    trents car 4.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 379
  • trents car 2.jpg
    trents car 2.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 213

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
just so you know the gto front bumper will sit lower then your side skirts and may look ridiculous..

and with fibre glass if you hit something it will just tear apart and look like crap whereas genuine plastic bars will bend a bit..

but yeah $680 seems like a rip off

GTO HOT-HEAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore 1998
Thanks :) , my next door neighbour has a white vt and bought a monaro front (not the GTO) and it sits fine, is the GTO much lower than the monaro? as much as i dont plan on hitting anything, does this include like stone chips and ****? if i end up buying the front its probably best i keep the standard front aswell, just incase this one breaks or something... thanks for your help :)

GTO HOT-HEAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore 1998
also will a genuine GTO front bar fit on the VT comm??