Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hsv headers with 100cpi cats

thomasSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
just fitted some redback 100cpi cats to some hsv headers on my ssv. its mated up to a 3 inch xforce cat back with rear mufflers. sounds awesome, very happy with it. wont be able to get a dyno run to see the improvment, but will be fitting a cam soon, so il let you know if it holds up to the job.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Cool story bro?

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
Why didn't you put aftermarket headers on it?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
He is probably a cheap skate like me. Why not put HSV headers on? They pop up cheap, and do the job. Oh, sorry, they dont have some "big" name to them.
I would be interested to see how you hooked the cats up, as the original cats hang down, and have a bend to get them out the back direction. I am running VE HSV headers and cats on my Chev pickup. Work great.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
I have the same set-up (except 200cpi cats), when i had the headers and cats put in i told the exhaust shop I wanted the flanges in the factory position so I can change exhaust etc it can be done easily and by me, (aftermarket cats also make changing starter motor alot easier-dont have to take cat off to do it

Last edited:

thomasSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Bought the headers a while ago thinking yeah that and a tune would be it. I got them cheap and cats cheap too. Extractors are a bit outta of budget for what I wanna do next. And I think these pipes will flow no problems with a small cam. I got the cats welded in the same position ok n with flanges, so they bolt directly up to cat back. And the sit just perfect. Nice slight bend from headers. Not like hsv ones. Like I said we''ll see how they go. And by the way what's wrong with Melton?? Its the land of the honest hard working tradie, nothing to be ashamed of.

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
You are fitting an after-market cam but you said extractors are out of the budget ....WTF ?????

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You may as well not have had the cats fitted at all, 100 cells are not only illegal, they do sweet FA to the emissions.

thomasSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Fit a cam and see what happens to stock cats with a big split duration.or better gut them.. and yeh 100 cells are illegal. Buth then so is maffless tuning so..yeah I do all my mechanical on my car as most mechanics would. cam and springs should cost no more than$700, $800 max. Gotta love trade prices. that's the 150 more than a set of extractors trade price. Like I said well see how hsv go. Hence if the suffice for around 290-300rkw I'm sure there's people out there interested to know. Why all the negative omments people, thought where to discuss ideas and options. Not pisss on each others boots.