Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Key Programming

VYR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Hey guys I have a question regarding key programming for my VY Clubsport. Now the reason I'm asking the question is on the weekend I had lost my key out and have had no success in finding it as hasn't been handed in anywhere. I have had to go into Holden and key the key code & BCM key for my mate who's a locksmith to cut and link the key to the BCM (we haven't done this yet.) as I bought the car with one key and never thought of getting another cut..... now I've heard that HSV keys are different to program because they have ESS security or something? Will the way my mate is going to program it work? I've heard of some people having to go through a special "linking procedure" and others having no issues at all. Do I have to call up some Arrow company and basically go through the same identification procedure as I did with Holden? So my questions are 1: will it work making up and coding the key how my mate has described, 2: what are the linking procedures incase we have no luck and it is something I have to do
Thanks!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
The way the locksmiths do it, is by duplicating the codes from the old key to the new key. If you have lost your only key, that's not going to work.

I'm not sure if the normal Tech2 way is the same for the HSV's

VYR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
The way the locksmiths do it, is by duplicating the codes from the old key to the new key. If you have lost your only key, that's not going to work.

I'm not sure if the normal Tech2 way is the same for the HSV's

Yeah I heard there's another way and after looking into it there's a process I need to go through, if anyone knew it that'd be awesome if not, would calling up that company that makes the looms forgot their name it begins with 'A' be a way of doing it in the sense of would they be able to walk me through it

HSV 671

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY CLUBSPORT MM6
Key passcode will be on a sticker that is attached to the security module, straight under the dash.

Nick Greige

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy club sport 2007
Hey guys I have a question regarding key programming for my VY Clubsport. Now the reason I'm asking the question is on the weekend I had lost my key out and have had no success in finding it as hasn't been handed in anywhere. I have had to go into Holden and key the key code & BCM key for my mate who's a locksmith to cut and link the key to the BCM (we haven't done this yet.) as I bought the car with one key and never thought of getting another cut..... now I've heard that HSV keys are different to program because they have ESS security or something? Will the way my mate is going to program it work? I've heard of some people having to go through a special "linking procedure" and others having no issues at all. Do I have to call up some Arrow company and basically go through the same identification procedure as I did with Holden? So my questions are 1: will it work making up and coding the key how my mate has described, 2: what are the linking procedures incase we have no luck and it is something I have to do
Thanks!