Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Launches Limited Edition GTS

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
damn, when are they going to get rid of those great big DRL's?

Get used to them. DRL's are going to be more and more popular as various countries around the world are phasing in their mandated use.

Ugly over done crap. VZ Clubby was the last of the decent clubsports IMO. It is as though they want to make it look like a WRX with shitty vents, grilles, flaps, crud everywhere. The exhaust and rear end looks horrid, lights look terrible, seats look square and dodgy and the price is pretty extreme compared to other quality brands.

Which other "quality" brands give you a large 4 door sedan with similar performance and price?? The only one I can think of is Ford and FPV.

Reaper

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Looks are subject, honestly think the VZ hsv's look too bland. These barely look like the Holdens anymore, and probably one of the reasons they sell so well.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Give it some track suspension, fat brakes and a 427 with a blower. Then i'll get excited

Already has decent suspension and better brakes than the standard GTS, didn't you read? Last bit would make it well out of anyone's price range, hence not feasible.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
they nailed it with those wheels and brakes

sexy as

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Already has decent suspension and better brakes than the standard GTS, didn't you read? Last bit would make it well out of anyone's price range, hence not feasible.

Yes i did read, just didn't expect someone to nit-pick about it. I still stand by the suspension and brakes bits. Aren't the 6 pistons an SV option anyway?

I think you completely missed what i was trying to say. I want to see something REALLY limited, something different under the skin, not just some options, wheels and badging.

The W427 was $150k+, and they sold out right?

I doubt the extra engine performance would cost the $65,000 difference between this GTS Limited and W427.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes i did read, just didn't expect someone to nit-pick about it. I still stand by the suspension and brakes bits. Aren't the 6 pistons an SV option anyway?

I think you completely missed what i was trying to say. I want to see something REALLY limited, something different under the skin, not just some options, wheels and badging.

The W427 was $150k+, and they sold out right?

I doubt the extra engine performance would cost the $65,000 difference between this GTS Limited and W427.

No. It wasn't sold out. The 427 was a whole different ball game to the RPO orders. It had the engine refitted by HSV (so you were essentially fitting 2 motors), plus bits and pieces for a dry sump setup and just about every top shelf component spread thru the car. Add together it's unique body kit, wheels, brakes etc etc, all bought in small quantities (by automotive standards) and you will always have a very expensive car.

It was only ever intended as a very limited edition so compared to a GTS, the payback of compliance and R&D per vehicle was huge. Further to that, the original run was intended to be 427 units, all build to order. They only built 137 (+1 test car) which I would suspect be a substantial loss to HSV in $$$ terms.

Reaper

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
they didnt sell as many 427s as they originally hoped for.
about 130 instead of the 427 that they wanted to.

now, the original monaro HRT 427. that would have been a beast.
that was the original 427 but something (cant remember) stopped them from selling it.
which appears may have been the price tag to do it =P (apparently $250k+)

to be honest HSV's are not as exclusive as it used to be.
its not that it is a major issue, its just they have been smart about their business.

but it would have been great if they made a really good rare/special version.
but hey, obviously they have done the maths and that is the best option for them.
better then nothing i suppose.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Ok :) I stand corrected about the W427 (some interesting info there too)

I guess I'm just ranting about cheap "Special/Limited Edtions" with abit of this, and abit of that thrown in. Then slap a badge on it and then expect it's price to skyrocket in 30 years time.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I was told by a HSV rep they actually made money off the W427, albeit no where near as much as they originally hoped. Call it a Pyrrhic victory.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I was told by a HSV rep they actually made money off the W427, albeit no where near as much as they originally hoped. Call it a Pyrrhic victory.

I could not imagine they made money from it with such a low build vs forecast. Nobody at HSV beyond senior management, senior management at Holden and Walkinshaw parent company would know for sure.

Reaper