Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Launches Limited Edition GTS

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
Although alot of people would not want to go through this hastle when i see the price of this car with all options and onroads etc equating to 95-100k i cant help to think it is a little too much money
my first option for that kind of cash would be to purchase a second hand R35 GTR but since that is not commodore related the next thought that crossed my mind was the following.

2008 HOLDEN COMMODORE SV6 VE Sedan Private Cars For Sale in NSW - carsales.com.au
Chev LS9 ZR1 6.2L Supercharged Crate Engine 638 hp # 19244099 | eBay
HOLDEN COMMODORE HSV E3 HSV FRONT BAR PAINTED BLACK,SUITS SS,VE,BODYKIT,GTS | eBay
Holden VE Commodore V6 V8 Sedan Wagon Ute Tein Sport Coil Over Kit & Sway Bars | eBay
HOLDEN COMMODORE VE PBR M-SERIES BRAKE UPGRADE HSV SS BERLINA CALAIS | eBay
DIFF NEW HSV 3.70:1 GENUINE GMH VE V8 3.27 LSD COMPLETE DIFF ASSEMBLY HSV SS SSV | eBay
Custom designed and trimmed interior in faux leather, suede or vinyl for any car | eBay
Haltech Platinum Sport 1000 Aftermarket ECU with Long Loom Fuse and Relay Box | eBay

you would obviously add alot more for fitting and stuff, and there is the extras like paint and wheels, and i am sure you could get some kind of intricate dash/computer set up for 5k or so.

all that would be what 80k ? (20k extra to play with should there be any hiccups along the way) and you have a 1 of a kind custom machine that people will see and think "wow" not "it's just another gts"

I am slightly expecting alot of negative feedback for this comment as I am not sure how some of you will take it.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I think people missed the point of my post. I'm sure back when the VR/VS - VZ clubsports came out you were lucky to see one. Now it seems the E series HSV's are everywhere.

I seem to remember them being a dime a dozen in the 1-5 years after they were released. Once they got onto their 2nd and 3rd owners etc, they tend to be retired from daily driving duties and put into garages and thus appear to disappear from our roads. You are also correct though - the HSV "E" series have been their most successful run ever by a year on year basis, plus having run for 6 (?) years, virtually un changed makes it a extra ordinarily long run by their standards. Most of the prior donor cars had 2 - 3 years.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Although alot of people would not want to go through this hastle when i see the price of this car with all options and onroads etc equating to 95-100k i cant help to think it is a little too much money
my first option for that kind of cash would be to purchase a second hand R35 GTR but since that is not commodore related the next thought that crossed my mind was the following.

With all due respect, you are not the demographic they are chasing as most your age don't have the money, nor would be able to insure the car. Most of their buyers will only consider to purchase new. They aren't interested in buying a base SS and "modding it up" etc etc. Most are just interested in getting a quick sports sedan that they can cart their family around in etc etc. I don't think many people (actual buyers) will cross shop a GTR and a large 4 door sedan.

Reaper

Last edited:

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
i remember reading a few years ago in a news paper (so dont take this as gospel) that HSV was moving to be a bit like AMG is for mercedes (just offers a hotted up version with a few badges and changes) and HDT would become more of a custom build for people that really wanted to go nuts

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
I think we've all gone alittle off topic with this one....