Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Launches New Senator Signature & Grange Models

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Well for starters about the fit and finish
Plastic is to fragile so in reality the VE is to fragile,

Which plastic is fragile in the VE? The only piece I can think of that regularly fails is the seat trim on the side of the drivers side seat.

cheap looking interior, cheaply made

Entirely subjective there. I'm not a fan of the centre console on the VE cars but then again the dash plastics of the VT-Z era cars are just as bad imo. You are welcome to disagree and your opinion will be equally valid as we aren't talking about objective assessments.

, poor reliability reviews,

And the actual failure brake down rate per km travelled VE compared to previous models???

constant issues,

As above???

mechanical wise it wouldnt ever come close to out living a cast iron block thats as well maintained as mine.... same with the transmission.

orly??? I presume you are comparing to the old 5 litres??? Don't get me wrong - I love the old holden motors and they are very reliable however they do have their problems. Particularly valve train wear, cam wear amongst other things.

You can say im only modern cars kind of guy but in the end a WH Caprice will out last the most recent of holdens

With both being maintained properly??? I strongly disagree

Also the use of aluninum look interior trim..... absolutely hideous

once again. Subjective.

Couldnt think of anything worse than a VE
That 6L V8.... its slow
One thing to.... i cant stand it
I would rather drive my more expensive Jaguar around a track than that
Reason being when it comes to refinement, quality, etc holden gets shat in the face by Jaguar easily no matter how old the car is

So you don't like the car. Fair enough. 6L V8 being slow? There are plenty of faster cars out there. There are very few that do it's intended purpose for less money as quickly too. This "slow" argument is just bs really.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Reason being when it comes to refinement, quality, etc holden gets shat in the face by Jaguar easily no matter how old the car is

Jaguar, reliability isn't an issue there...........

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Couldnt think of anything worse than a VE
That 6L V8.... its slow
One thing to.... i cant stand it

Seriously... Drive a LS3 6.2L around a track before you preach any more BS..... And low 5's are not slow 0-100 kph untuned stock from the dealer.....

I am comparing with your old heap not any true European sports cars... And seriously Jaguar !! Could you have picked the worst of the bunch ?

Some of those old Jaguars are nightmares... They weigh 3 ton suck fuel and don't stop..... kinda like an old Ford ( who actually used to own Jaguar )
But they are now owned by Tata Motors of India !So they should fall apart and kill people......

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Seriously... Drive a LS3 6.2L around a track before you preach any more BS..... And low 5's are not slow 0-100 kph untuned stock from the dealer.....

I am comparing with your old heap not any true European sports cars... And seriously Jaguar !! Could you have picked the worst of the bunch ?

Some of those old Jaguars are nightmares... They weigh 3 ton suck fuel and don't stop..... kinda like an old Ford ( who actually used to own Jaguar )
But they are now owned by Tata Motors of India !So they should fall apart and kill people......

To add to the off topic crap, driven a GTS around a track, does this count? Was a pile of crap in comparison to the sti and evo x I also got to drive.

Great in a straight line, terrible under brake and through corners.

No good being fast in a straight line when you are **** through corners.

PS: I think the new senator looks like a 2 buck hooker with a penis.

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
So a STI and EVO handled better in the corners than an almost 2 tonne GTS........geeeee who would have thought that, you must be a real smart one :bang:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
So a STI and EVO handled better in the corners than an almost 2 tonne GTS........geeeee who would have thought that, you must be a real smart one :bang:

Really? Weight has something to do with it? The AMG C63 that was there handled better than both the sti and evo. They weigh around the same as the GTS.

Nice attempt at being intelligent, you should have kept your mouth shut and at least appeared that way inclined.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
To add to the off topic crap, driven a GTS around a track, does this count? Was a pile of crap in comparison to the sti and evo x I also got to drive.

Great in a straight line, terrible under brake and through corners.

No good being fast in a straight line when you are **** through corners.

I agree but i wasn't comparing a HSV to a lighter AWD import... He was saying his old Statesman or some Diesel Jaguar was better than a E3. And yes i have also driven quite a few vehicles around a track but wasn't overly impressed with the E3 till i had
a few hot laps with Cameron McConville... Who threw it around corners and drove it quite well for a large rwd car...