Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Mid Section exhaust

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
so after reading all these posts, went out to the garage and got out my HSV exhaust that I bought to put on my Redline which never happened as I bought a Motorsport so waiting for that to arrive and fit it on. I bought 340kW GenF2 Clubsport headers and cats. The diam at the end of the cats is 2.5" and the diam of the holes for the heads where they bolt up the exhaust on the manifold measure outside diam 2.5" the inside of the headers is 2".

I then bought a centre section off a GenF2 GTS and the pipes are 2.5" in diam and on one end I have a flat flange and the other end if just a round fitting with a clamp.

jcwdrive11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Can someone confirm do you need the 02 holes for a MSE when upgrading to a HSV mid section?

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
An update. I had my GTS mid section fitted today to my auto LS3.

So my gear is a VCM Intake, 200 cell cats, Genie Tri-Y headers, HSV midsection and original rear mufflers. This basically makes it almost similar to a hurricane, manta etc. in relation to flow.
So this change netted me only 4.3 rwkw more but 21Nm more torque. So power is now 284 rwkw and torque 667nm @ 4710 rpm.
But the biggest surprise is the now available 54 nm of torque at 2000rpm. It lights up thew rears without any trouble, and only has 2500kms on the clock with good 275's on the back.
I wasn't expecting any kind of increase but it was worth the mod. And the exhaust is damn loud, ( no drone though) so their is always the bi-modal if it gets too much. I highly doubt it though.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
There you go Mate. Great results. Nice crackle and pop hey! They're a good bit of gear I reckon.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Yes although there was more pop with the original mid section, perhaps there was something in it's design to enhance that.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
I had a go and fitted the 340kw HSV headers and mid section to my VF2 Redline.. The drivers side pre 02 sensor connector was the biggest headache. 2hrs to unclip, farken nightmare. Anyway job done. The sound is deeper, not as metalic as stock. Similar to the zeta camaro but with snap/crackle and pop. I'm loving it. Car feels so much more responsive and revs out easier too. The 340kw hsv headers/cats and mid section cost me $330. Well worth it for the $$.

16SSWag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SS Black wagon
I had a go and fitted the 340kw HSV headers and mid section to my VF2 Redline.. The drivers side pre 02 sensor connector was the biggest headache. 2hrs to unclip, farken nightmare. Anyway job done. The sound is deeper, not as metalic as stock. Similar to the zeta camaro but with snap/crackle and pop. I'm loving it. Car feels so much more responsive and revs out easier too. The 340kw hsv headers/cats and mid section cost me $330. Well worth it for the $$.
Does that mean you didn't get it tuned afterwards? Does it throw check engine light?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not yet, waiting for my intake to arrive and then a tune. No check engine light as using the HSV ceramic cats that came with the headers. Aftermarket metal cats majority of the time set off the check engine light..

16SSWag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SS Black wagon
Ah ic good to know thanks.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Drive by video. Apologies for the wind noise. Will record more soon.