Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Mid Section exhaust

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
3rs that sounds mint.
I have the hsv mid section only on my stock ssv and yours does sound a little better from what I can tell.
Take another video of the same drive by after your intake and retune
Enjoy
Mike

jcwdrive11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
To those who have fitted just the HSV Mid Section (2.5") to a VF2, is it a notable change in sound? and or power? Thanks.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
3rs that sounds mint.
I have the hsv mid section only on my stock ssv and yours does sound a little better from what I can tell.
Take another video of the same drive by after your intake and retune
Enjoy
Mike

Hi Mike,

Another clip after intake and tune.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sensational in my opinion.. Intake sound via the sound enhancer is deeper (snarly) and louder then stock but not overbearing. Planning to video the intake sound from inside the car and mount gopro to the exhaust in the coming weeks, as I'll be able to stretch her legs a little longer then previous videos.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hi Mike,
Chick-o-ree AutoCat, that sounds good man, but I hope you can command the bimodals to keep quiet when Mr Plod brings out his iPad...
Your car as listed is 89 db - as loud as an adult cough (or decent fart). That drive by is closer to GTS sound level 105 db maybe more.
I'm no nanny just saying it depends which state and your manner / excuse as to what level of offence but minimum $738 fine in Vic, $706 in NSW plus defect notice to present for remedy and detailed inspection. Plus in addition to these fines for operating car with the mod, there's fines for doing the mod, and owning the modded car, and even trying to sell the modded car!
The point is that it is possible to get the noise down to pass on command for roadside testing, only risk then is any dog who wants to take down your number...

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, bi modal fuse is back in so at night i can mute her on command ;)

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
To those who have fitted just the HSV Mid Section (2.5") to a VF2, is it a notable change in sound? and or power? Thanks.

I have the hsv mid section fitted on my wife's ssv. Overall a little louder and a little more crackle / pop on deacceleration. The bottom end isn't a nice v8 noise and still a little quiet imho. When you boot it the sound is good.

I noticed it did tend to light up the rears a little more post fit but I put it down to a placebo effect. Swapped it out only for more noise. Scroll up a few posts to duaneds' post who reported a solid increase in torque down low.

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
Hi Mike,

Sounds great.
Noticeable benefit in sound and throttle response after the change in intake / tune ? What otr did you choose?

Bottom end Throttle response is set up so 'spongy' from the factory. Guess it's safety benefit somewhat. Is this just a change of volt/sec increase for the flyby wire throttle for a tuner?

Mike

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds great.
Noticeable benefit in sound and throttle response after the change in intake / tune ? What otr did you choose?
Bottom end Throttle response is set up so 'spongy' from the factory. Guess it's safety benefit somewhat. Is this just a change of volt/sec increase for the flyby wire throttle for a tuner?
Mike

I went with the rotofab cai from the states. Yeah noticeable difference through out the whole rev range, I'm happy with the mods and tune so far.