Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Mountain Bike hahaahaaa.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
HSV brand some below average to very poor products, no reason this bike would be anything different, cheap Chinese crap.

Is it worth anything? about the same as the $2 shop floor mats and seat covers probably.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
really not that hard to decipher if you're capable of reading
obviously its about an overpriced bicycle that's marketed under the brand name hsv

really ...............??????...........,

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
really ...............??????...........,

sarcasm really does need another font for those who cannot pick it :/

its all marketing in the end.
people who know bikes wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole.
ill take a santa cruz Bronson over that any day of the week :thumbsup:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Apart from the shocks, which I would replace anyway, what's wrong with it for say $200?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Apart from the shocks, which I would replace anyway, what's wrong with it for say $200?

absolutely nothing, depending on what you wanted to do with it.
fine for rides around while your kids learn to ride, but not something that would great for anything beyond about that.

it is just that there are plenty of other "Better" (again dependant on what you want to do) Bikes out there that are also reasonably cheap, especially second hand.
for a few hundred more you could pick up a better build quality (Geo, Weight etc), better components and one that will have less problems sourcing seconds later on.

the next is, to change the shock, generally with those bikes it is not something you would do, unless you can find one the exact same, and even then price wise it isn't worth it, generally cheaper to buy another bike.
the upside though is, I did read it had some shimano deore components on it, which is better then most of the bikes of that standard.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I don't mind being wrong in my earlier post about the thought that HSV wouldn't put their brand on rubbish - if fact, if they do, it isn't the smartest marketing move because it cheapens the public perception of their product.

However, everybody has ****-canned the bike based on one picture or cheap HSV branded Chinese floor mats or whatever.

But has anybody ever seen/ridden/bought one of these bikes to give an honest opinion about its quality? Or do we all think we know better anyway and just assume it's rubbish?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
yes because only hsv so this stupid crap - complete and utter marketing bs, just like jackets, caps, watches, cologne, etc etc etc etc ad-nausea.

porsche-bike-fs-2.jpg

Range-Rover-Bicycle.jpg