Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hsv plus six ecu

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
hi guys i thought this would be the best place ask....

i have a vp wagon stock 6 with cai

i have a chance to get a hsv plus 6 computer cheap from the wreckers can i grab it and fit it straight into my vp ??? what the difference from stock ecu to hsv plus six 1???

please answer asap as wreckers close at 5 thank you very much Jason

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
it should be the same memcal as the HSV SV3800, its good for about 4 kw over standard when you have a decent exhaust...

Rob

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
thanks for that straight plug in swap?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Fukn saw u there today hahahaha Pitty about the back bumper of the HSV+SIX how it's cracked................

You were there with some big dopey guy.............

Cheers
MaT

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
yeah thanks for takin my ecu and sellin it!!! only jokin

did u get ur side skirts off???

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
I hate to dig up an old thread, but need confirmation advice, I have a friend who keeps telling me, according to some HSV book he has, that the +Six didn't come with a chip and was just a prettier, stock VN.
But it feels much quicker then a stocker, and im certain ive had people tell me otherwise. Did the chips have any identification on them?
Im pretty certain the +Six had the 3800 chip in it, would the chip have HSV badging on it to identify itself?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
A chip in a V6 isn't going to make a whole world of difference at the end of the day - especially not a holden chip.

Eliminator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maranello red Vn V8 Calais
a holden v6 performance memcal is not only given more spark advance but fuel is taken out of the mixture instead of being added, this is where the v6's get more up and go by making it a revvier motor.

Aliens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 1988
Just look at the sticker on the chip. If it's ARBP then it's HSV suitable for Phase 1 Series 1 engines (pre mid Oct 89). If it's ASBY then it's HSV suitable for Phase 2 Series 1 engines (post mid Oct 89 to mid Nov 90).

The HSV VN V6 chips didn't run any more spark than the equivalent (in terms of time period) 'stock' VN V6 chips, and ran MORE fuel (not less!).

E.g. the Phase 1 Series 1 HSV chip had the same timing as earlier 1989 VN V6 chips - which actually ran less timing than was ran in 1988.

E.g. the Phase 2 Series 1 HSV chip had the same timing as the sole Phase 2 Series 2 VN V6 chip.

Both chips ran more fueling when compared to the equivalent stock chip.

Phase 1 Series 1 VN V6 engines with the matching chip (especially from 1988) and with everything actually in proper working and configured order easily beat VN-VS manual V8 utes even with the revs (in the V8) held up to give more acceleration off the line. And they don't run out of puff until about 90km/h (the V6's) - and aren't of much use above 4,000RPM at any speed.

Phase 2 Series 1's ran a much lesser performing cam shaft but more timing.

Series 2 VNs all ran a low performance chip + low performance cam (however are still very well performing V6's anyway).

Last edited: