Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hsv rims?

foo27

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss series1
a mate of mine bought a set of rimsabout a month ago, today he wanted to swap me for my rims. He was told the were genuine hsv wheels but when i had then off today they say made in china. I was under the belief that holden and hsv wheels were made by ROH, can someone out there confirm this for me please this guy wants to kill the tyre shop owner.

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
nah im pretty sure the way to check is to see if there is a hsv stamp on them.

dunno for sure though, just heard that off someone before.

what rims are they anyway? seen them on a hsv before?

cos my girlfriends dad went to a tyre joint and the dude sold him 'hsv' rims for his vt clubby, they arent hsv rims though... just hsv centrecaps

RIPGMH

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vh bushbasher
hsv rims are all stamped hsv and have a part number on them behind one of the spokes ,there is fake ones out there

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
so roh do make hsv rims?

wtf? i didnt know that lol. i hate roh rims, well the look of most aftermarket rims they make anyways lol

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
today he wanted to swap me for my rims.

I think your getting a bad deal, hell i wouldn't like to be a slave for the rest of my life for some rims i already own lol!

foo27

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss series1
the rims are supposed to be vx gts they look exactly like the real thing

foo27

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss series1
no money JD just straight swap for the rims. anyway he backed out when i showed him the "made in china". now he wants to go sort out the shop owner, he swapped a set of 20" XHP rims AND $1500 for the gts rims. so he was not a happy chappy he is armed with his receipt and going in for the kill.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
so roh do make hsv rims?

wtf? i didnt know that lol. i hate roh rims, well the look of most aftermarket rims they make anyways lol

Every genuine HSV rim past a certain date (not sure OF the date) have HSV and ROH stamped into the back. Being VX GTS, they should have ROH and HSV BOTH stamped into the back. Seems the worst is true, they are fakies dude. There are heaps of fake sets of VX GTS, VY GTS & VY SIGS out there. I mean HEAPS.

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
Every genuine HSV rim past a certain date (not sure OF the date) have HSV and ROH stamped into the back. Being VX GTS, they should have ROH and HSV BOTH stamped into the back. Seems the worst is true, they are fakies dude. There are heaps of fake sets of VX GTS, VY GTS & VY SIGS out there. I mean HEAPS.

yeah thats the thing, they are cheap and nasty fakes, ive seen them crack, even whole spokes break off them, yeah nice and cheap but one pothole and theyre stuffed lol, plus nearly everyone has vy sigs. fakes should be banned or something. isnt there copyright laws anymore?