Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV s1 GTS head unit upgrade

Dannyc728

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE s1 HSV GTS
Hey guys new to all of this so please don't hate me if it's been done a million times ...... I have a s1 GTS and want to get Bluetooth for media streaming .... is there some form of adapter harness or will I need to replace the whole unit ? If the unit needs replacing what are my options ? I don't care for gps as I have Google on my phone .... but a reverse camera would be great

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Hey guys new to all of this so please don't hate me if it's been done a million times ...... I have a s1 GTS and want to get Bluetooth for media streaming .... is there some form of adapter harness or will I need to replace the whole unit ? If the unit needs replacing what are my options ? I don't care for gps as I have Google on my phone .... but a reverse camera would be great

1. Series 2 IQ conversion. Requires a Tech 2 and possibly a modded HVAC module. Also may need a reverse camera module. You also get a tiny-ass screen. I'd recommend going through Envyous Customs for this.
  2. Aerpro 2DIN Fascia kit. This allows you to use any head unit you wish, offers the highest audio quality and offers the option to convert single-zone HVAC to climate control. Only works with single zone cars, and will still need a Tech 2 if you plan on swapping your dual zone to single zone CC.
  3. Android Head Unit. You'll need to go with the Kayhan or Dig Options "Tesla Style" unit as the standard one is for single zone CC only. You lose tacticle HVAC controls, which is a massive pain imho. You'll also need to go with an aftermarket amp, as they tend to skimp on amp quality for these chinese units.
I went with option 3, in the tactile controlled single zone version and I couldn't be happier. I use a compact Sony 4ch amp over RCA and then wired that into the stock wiring harness. Added a pair of Pioneer under-floor subs too, and with the option to add Android Auto/Apple CarPlay via Headunit reloaded or a multitude of other apps, you're laughing.

Edit: Forum Sponsors! Gotta support 'em :)

Last edited:

Dannyc728

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE s1 HSV GTS
  1. Series 2 IQ conversion. Requires a Tech 2 and possibly a modded HVAC module. Also may need a reverse camera module. You also get a tiny-ass screen. I'd recommend going through Envyous Customs for this.
  2. Aerpro 2DIN Fascia kit. This allows you to use any head unit you wish, offers the highest audio quality and offers the option to convert single-zone HVAC to climate control. Only works with single zone cars, and will still need a Tech 2 if you plan on swapping your dual zone to single zone CC.
  3. Android Head Unit. You'll need to go with the Kayhan or Dig Options "Tesla Style" unit as the standard one is for single zone CC only. You lose tacticle HVAC controls, which is a massive pain imho. You'll also need to go with an aftermarket amp, as they tend to skimp on amp quality for these chinese units.
I went with option 3, in the tactile controlled single zone version and I couldn't be happier. I use a compact Sony 4ch amp over RCA and then wired that into the stock wiring harness. Added a pair of Pioneer under-floor subs too, and with the option to add Android Auto/Apple CarPlay via Headunit reloaded or a multitude of other apps, you're laughing.

Edit: Forum Sponsors! Gotta support 'em :)
Thanks mate I'll have a look into all of it